[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Languid Bite vs Pack of Aina vs Pack of Wurt

Languid Bite vs Pack of Aina vs Pack of Wurt

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Languid Bite vs Pack of Aina vs Pack of Wurt

Postby Dakota » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Anyone done any parsing to see which of these is more worthwhile in a full burn situation?

Languid Bite doesn't stack with either of the Pack spells. It's pretty much a mana-free dot as long as it's running, since you can jsut spam Turgur's Swarm over and over again to keep it going.

Pack of Aina vs Pack of Wurt, Wurt is the higher level spell and summons higher level pets. But I know they hit for crap in comparison to the standard pet. My pet's max hit is in the 300s and usually hits for close to max, but the Pack of Wurt pets max hit is only about 150, and most of their hits are in the 50 range. I seem to remember the pets from Pack of Aina doing more damage, but the manadrain is much more significant. Anyone have any data on the level of damage that Aina does to Wurt? And if so, how does this stack up to Languid Bite?
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: Languid Bite vs Pack of Aina vs Pack of Wurt

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Well the mana drain on Pack of Wurt only happens when you proc so it is less of an issue then it was on the older version where it was 300 mana every tick.

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Dakota » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:49 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant. I think that the pets from the older version also did more damage. S'why I was hoping someone might have had some sort of parse or soemthing.
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:54 am

I don't have parsers handy, but pack of wurt is slightly more dps than languid bite from what I have seen on raids, not sure how it plays out in group level content.
I will have to look up some recent parses as I usually run pack on most raids. One of the big reasons I also run pack over languid bite, is the lack of debuff slots on raid mobs. With the quick dot nerf, necros are really eating up all free slot and it isn't worth using a slot for a low dps dot. Again no clue if the group game is different.

Not to derail, but what is your burn dps? Just wondering as I am always looking for some tweaks to dps.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:38 am

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:34 pm

So, hard to separate swarm pets from pack pets in parses, but what I can see is pack rk 3 ranges from 50dps to about 250dps. Nothing game changing but a little extra.
If I remember languid bite is roughly the same.

Here is a really bad event (SS1) to parse but anyway:
Sowslow`s pet -vs- Combined: The Watcher: -- DMG: 48759 -- DPS: 101 -- Scaled: 93 -- Bite: 44778 -- Bash: 2169 -- Kick: 1812 -- Non-crit rate: 100% -- Attempts: 908 -- Hits: 613 -- Missed: 244 -- Defended: 51 -- Accuracy: 71.5% -- Avg Hit: 79 -- Max hit: 256 -- DMG to PC: 0

ok SS3 better to parse:
Sowslow`s pet -vs- Combined: A kraken: -- DMG: 61182 -- DPS: 129 -- Scaled: 125 -- Bite: 57942 -- Kick: 1704 -- Bash: 1536 -- Non-crit rate: 100% -- Attempts: 808 -- Hits: 491 -- Missed: 247 -- Defended: 70 -- Accuracy: 66.5% -- Avg Hit: 124 -- Max hit: 271 -- DMG to PC: 0
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Raccoo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:29 am

It looks like they finally updated the stacking of Languid Bite and Pack of whatnot so you don't have to choose which one sucks less. I will still never use Languid bite in its current form.
Raccoo

Server: Cazic Thule

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Raccoo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:12 pm

Been a while, if you upgrade Languid bite to max, you can toggle this on/off as a passive addition to proc off of your slows. I'll finally use it sometimes.
Raccoo

Server: Cazic Thule

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities