[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Returning player + shaman bot/questions

Returning player + shaman bot/questions

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Returning player + shaman bot/questions

Postby Grozney » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:17 am

Hello all,

I'll start by saying that my original toon was an ogre shaman, played 1999-2002 or there abouts. I quit somewhere during POP after playing the raid game for a few years. After Kunark was released I started up a monk alt which I worked in my spare time. Now 10 years later, I've revived my monk some time ago, but was unable to find my shaman info. The monk is now lvl 90 with 2200ish AA and mixed HOT gear (t2-t4.) I don't have the playing time I did when I was younger, career, family, etc. Recently I decided to reroll my old shaman and reintroduce him into EQ with the RAF system. So far he's level 70 with a few hundred AA and moving along nicely. With my limited time though, I generally just take him along with the monk and basically PL while the monk EXPs. With the limited play time I have been unable to really fill out the spell book or work on new gear.

My thoughts at this point are basically, as long as I can get exp on the shaman while the monk plows through light blues/blues in old content the shaman is more or less useless until he's in the 80s or so. I wanted to stop now at 70 to fill up some AA and perhaps work on the spells/gear. I know that a lot of things have changed in the shaman world sense the days when I was active. It seems that the slows, dots, buffs are still the central role for the shaman, but things like totems are completely new to me.

So anyway, I apologize for the long winded intro. My question is basically this. While I know most spells and gear will be obsoleted by what I can farm in HOT once I'm of level, what pieces can I get now that will still be useful once the shaman is level 90-95? It seems that a new version of each spell comes out with each expansion for the most part, but I understand that some things which may (or may not) be critical are from a time long ago. Would anyone be able to give me an idea of what spells/items I might need to pick up along the way that will still have value/utility in another 25 levels?

Thank you all!
Grozney

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: Returning player + shaman bot/questions

Postby fendaann » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:57 am

While I know most spells and gear will be obsoleted by what I can farm in HOT once I'm of level, what pieces can I get now that will still be useful once the shaman is level 90-95?

once you lvl 80 and if you can get faction you can buy the Dream Mote coins and buy all invisable gear from Rotharran Radhelm
•_____ of Fearful Reverie is Tier 1 and available at apprehensive (no progression required).
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=35714

Epics
Augs

review this
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7807

P.S.
Now you can put both toons in a campfire- their is a new weird way to transfer EXP from one toon to another -
lol just make sure your not doing it backwards and giving the exp from the lower toon to the higher toon- it happens all the time.
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Re: Returning player + shaman bot/questions

Postby Grozney » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:15 am

Thank you for the reply. I've been working the shaman up as time permits and working on finding those pieces that will remain important at higher levels. It's amazing to be playing a shaman again, I remember why I loved it so many years ago.

I've spent a lot of time reading these forums and want to thank the community for amassing such a trove of valuable information. It's great to see that there are still plenty of active involved players in EQ.
Grozney

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities