[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Pet AA Priority?

Pet AA Priority?

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Pet AA Priority?

Postby Huge » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Howdy, I am yet another returning player from way back. I have a quick question about Pet AA's of which I currently have 0 trained. My Shaman is staying at 75 for awhile to farm AA's and currently has around 350. I've maxed out the healing AA's for his level and some other things I would consider more important than Pet AA's. Right now, I don't use my pet much when we're grouped because it seems like every time I get done summoning & buffing him I die, and he's gone and I'm to lazy to do it again.

So, I'm wondering what the experts here think are the most useful Pet AA's and how you'd prioritize them. I'm currently getting about 50 AA's a day, so I'll get hem all maxed to my level before to long but I thought I'd ask for some direction (I did do a search, but came up empty).

Any info would be great thanks.
Huge

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Re: Pet AA Priority?

Postby Kaisung » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:53 pm

Pet Affinity is a high priority AA - it allows your pet to benefit from group spells, so you don't have to single cast buffs on them.

Persistent Minion (name?) - not sure that's what it's called, but it's the one that lets you keep a pet when zoning, or camping out.

Then, because Fluffy is about as healthy as a fart in a whirlwind, get the ones that increase his Hitpoints.

I didn't worry too much about the crit and flurry aa's initially, but those would be the ones I got after the others I listed. YMMV.
Bolverkr 91 Ranger
Kaisung 91 Shaman
Kaisung

Server: 7th Hammer

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Huge » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:07 pm

Thanks! If I remember correctly, there is a summon pet AA (not Spirit Call) is it worth using over the spell based version, or did I read something totally wrong?
Huge

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:54 pm

Maxing innate boosts for doggie is quite good if you make regular use of her. If you don't already habitually keep doggie up, then don't delay leveling to get her boosts. And regardless, pass over the activated pet boosts entirely. They're not worth the intellectual space of being options or the physical space of UI buttons.

I enjoy having the companion animal; she's a couple hundred dps basically for free since I've developed the habit over years of positioning her appropriately, and she carries group Maw buffs like a champ of course.

You know the 50aa rate won't continue forever? There's a noob multiplier on AA, like a semi-permanent Lesson of the Devoted, that runs out around 2-2.5kaa. That sounds high when you're looking at 350, but there's tons of stuff to get that turns, like, pricey at higher ranks. As much as I like doggie, and I like her a lot, she's not something I'd consider exactly core to shamaning. You should get all the innates that boost you and the good activateds maxed out before looking at her lines.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Huge » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:39 pm

Hey, thanks for the info! Yeah, I know there's a multiplier, right now I'm still using the Silver account so I'm stuck with the 1000AA cap anyways. So, maybe I should hold off on the pet AA's. Right now, I'm basically just doing malo/slow/dot x2 and tabbing back to my Ranger or, healing when the crappy merc goes oom. So my thinking was if I could make the pet less work to maintain I could weave it into a macro and get some free dps.
Huge

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Nod. Just get pet discipline (/pet hold and /pet focus ranks) & pet affinity, then, tops. The 1000 cap will be slurped down by core improvements np. On the ranger, get in the habit of flipping the mob so doggie has its back.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:26 pm

The pet AAs also work on the swarm pets.
I don't remember if pets flurry innately or not, but getting one rank could up your dps a little. Especially if you are using the swarm pets frequently.
If you group with a bard at all, the pets flurry like crazy. I use pet, swarm and proc pets frequently in groups and on some raids. Its not game breaking but does help a little.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Cellan » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:15 am

I got the flurries and crits before any pet tanking AAs. I figure that if I end up with that thing tanking, it's dead anyways and those pet swarms from Spirit Call and Pact do get a healthy increase for the DPS AAs that go to your pet.
Cellan

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby fendaann » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:03 pm

Silver account so I'm stuck with the 1000AA cap anyways

pet affinity - Champ + lion + buffs from others/and your group buffs will land

if your grouping - pet re-locate AA to put the pet on its back.

if your soloing - you can park the pet so the mob is going to be on its back.
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities