[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - My return to EQ

My return to EQ

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

My return to EQ

Postby Deleek » Fri May 11, 2012 12:06 am

Heya, just returned to EQ after a few years. I am level 86 with all my spells up to 86 rank II. What lineup would you suggest for root/rotting? Where also would you suggest with a J5 merc (cleric, warrior or dps)?
Deleek

Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Re: My return to EQ

Postby fendaann » Fri May 11, 2012 12:21 pm

heres a thread about lvl 90 setups I bet if you look farther back here you can find a lvl 85 spell sets.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7574

just replace not got spells with some thing lower

myself i always load Root spell besides the VP (AA)
I also created a 2nd spell set to load lower dots to replace the dots spots to keep casting dots and then switch back.

The issue is where can you take a hit and survive soloing - I really am bad at giving adivice on where to level - Check out the hot zones? To me lvlign is easy the lower you are but aquiring gear, Augs and clickys is a pain.

Solo :
Qirik's Mending
Malicious Decay
Fast Poison
Fast Disease
Hexx
Mojo
Pocus
Kralbor Pandemic
Nectar of Torment
Spinechiller Blood
Nectar of Slitheren
Nectar of Rancor
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Fri May 11, 2012 7:11 pm

I would go with the highest level hotzone which I think is Feerrott, but there are probably some better places.

I don't usually load anything but dots when root/rotting, no debuff, no root, no heals, etc. With heal proc aug, epic, ancestral aid, union, don clicky, whatever else, I don't run oom or need to rest much unless I get a really bad pull.
I just went with the 12 highest dps dots for the lvl, usually 2 fast dots, 3 magic, 7 poison or one/two disease but not usually. Pull with Malo AA, park with VP, load dots, grab another, either VP or use root clicky, load dots, hit first spire, repeat. I used root clicky to back up in case VP ever broke early which is so rare I never bother with disease debuff anymore. Also, if things got really bad I could always totem or fd, though you might not have ring.
AA slow in between casts if you are worried about getting hit. Be sure to refresh VP or root clicky and dots as needed.

Start slow with one pull and once comfortable, grab another and keep adding until you get a good flow of dps and enough mana to continue as long as you like without medding.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Deleek » Mon May 14, 2012 8:22 pm

I found the AA to become the totem for a minute, but unaware of the ring you are speaking of.
Deleek

Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Mon May 14, 2012 10:31 pm

comes from posky quest. Not real hard to do anymore, just takes some time. Can recharge it with box and mana battery from posky
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities