[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - profit

profit

Is teh Debil. Commiserate (or flaunt it) here. Other tradeskills too.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

profit

Postby Douglasone » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:18 am

When are they gonna make potions that we can actually sell to the public at a small profit. I am at 263 and been making clarity potions(9-10) and trying to sell them at 35-40, less then kei, even tried at 30, considering they cost about that to make, but nooooo. The vendors in pok have em cheaper then we can make them for sale from many shamans being irritated at the inability to sell them and make something that they just sell them to the vendors for a couple plat. I refuse to sell to the public at below my costs to make, may as well hand them the money and save my time. The new potions are great but i have so many bags full of potions on all my alts now i'll never be able to use them. At least i never have to shout "looking for kei" again lol
Douglasone

Server: Fennin Ro

Postby vortecks » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:28 am

they actually only cost about 10 plat to make since you get 5 for every combine, if you have a supply of lily. I am still selling the ones that i made for my push to 300 for anywhere from 15-20 plat per which is a small return BUT it is a profit..

Vort
vortecks

Server: Maelin Starpblah

DOH

Postby Douglasone » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:21 pm

Douglasone

Re: DOH

Postby Aruman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:07 pm

Cestus Dei
Veeshan(Luclin)
Aruman

Server: Veeshan(Luclin)

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:41 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Buugaboo » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:59 am

Buugaboo

Postby Brohg » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:43 am

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Karacus » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:37 am

Server: of milk and cookies

Postby siludorf » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:06 pm

I deposited so many healing / clarity potions in the guild bank, that the banker asked me to stop =/
A high end Cleric or Druid won't get 1 rounded by a 10k damage, one day shaman can say the same =/
siludorf

Server: The Tribunal

Postby slavage » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:35 pm

slavage

Server: Povar 70 shaman

Postby Raccoo » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:05 am

Raccoo

Server: Cazic Thule

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Scowls » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:35 am

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby Kaloog » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:33 am

Kaloog

Server: The Rathe

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby darhews » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:08 pm

darhews

Postby Kianor » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:02 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby Keileen » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:14 pm

Keileen

Server: Prexus

Postby Yesak » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:49 pm

"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Shaman Main

Postby mojoejojo » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:34 pm

I have made a steady, but consistant profit selling various potions over the past 3-4 years. A lot depends on your skill, but regular money makers are:

Gate in 5 and 10 doses. I usually have 20-25 10 doses, and 5-10 5 doses.
Illusions in 5 and 10 doses. The rare ones I sell for 3k for a 10, and commons I sell for 1500. Extreme rares, (high elf, Vashir etc) I usually sell as singles for around 400pp.
Shrink, and group shrink in 5s and 10s.
DS potions, and some of the stat potions sell, tho not as regularly as the above.

Keeping a wide selection, and keeping your inventory full, helps a lot. A /tell thanks to customers establishes a good relationship, and promotes repeat customers, or requests for special combines. Higher alchemy skill=fewer failures=higher profit margine, so maxing your alchemy skill is vital.

I have established numerous regular customers, even a few mass purchase customers that buy for guild uses. Having a separate account for a bazaar mule is very helpful. Having a forager on primary account, and foraging in dreadlands when not playing, nets you lilies for skill-ups, drachnid webs to make drachnid silks, which easily go for 100pp or more each, and veggies etc which various crafts people will buy for a little. Once you have maxed your alchemy skill, the lilies, sell almost immediately. I charge around 60pp each, tho several other sellers sell for 100 or more. I wont take advantage of my fellow shamans that much, but I will compensate myself for my time, electricity for running my system 24hrs a day, etc to make it worth my while.

Cheap low skill potions usually are not worth the time, as there are usually many sellers, and the profit margine, is not worth my mouse clicks.

Thats about the best advice I can give for making plats from alchemy. It dosnt make me rich, tho I usually have 400k+ in the bank, and have some VERY well equiped twinks, and on a good day, when mass purchasers come around, or I sell a lot of silks and lillies, I can clear 60-80K profit. Some days are slow, some days are great. Persistance will pay off over time.

Mojoejojo
Master Alchemist
mojoejojo

Postby Floust » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:32 pm

I have given up all hope of ever making money back vs. what was spent skilling up to 300.
The price of looted components and the introduction of newer looted augments has made the augment market worthless.
I have friends and guildies forage the lillies, and I return the healing, clarity and HoT to the guild bank. That makes them happy and gives me a use for my tradeskill.
As for profit, I simply sell the X variety of potions for 20pp per dose, regardless of stack size, and can double my money in that regard. If cash gets tight (And wearing time/qvic gear what would you spend money on) I simply head to Sebilis, clear a few times, cash in the gems/spells, and use the lillies for profit.
Make potions to make people happy, but I wouldnt count on making potiosn to make money :)

My 2cp.
Floust

Server: 7th Hammer

Postby Sustenon » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:30 am

Sustenon

Postby Scowls » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:16 am

Scowls

Veteran -

Postby Scowls » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:25 am

Scowls

Veteran -

Postby Gardeltron » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:26 pm

Prodigal Soothsayer of
Erollisi Marr
Gardeltron

Server: Erollisi Marred

Postby mojoejojo » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:30 am

mojoejojo

Postby Drekon » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:36 am

*chuckle* i cant help but laugh at the people that say alchemy cant make a profit or very few potions can make profit. I have made hundreds of thousands of plat just off gate potions 10charge sells for 3k on Cazic. I sell anywhere from 20 - 80 a week. Kilva's also makes me a good chunk at 350 per 10charge. Most other potions i only skill up with but those two i keep in regular stock. Occasionally I will throw in a couple 10dose gate to destination potions which have an awesome profit margin at 1900 per. I keep all my alchemy money seperate from other money and have to date just over 1million plat just from selling potions. One of these days i just might break down and spend that money but i for now I'm just happy knowing I have made it over the 1 million mark from alchemy.

Just a side note: Scowls, if you hate alchemy so much then please do us all a favor and go play a differant class. Or better yet, go play another game. Stop bieng so negative about a class & skill that we all love.
Drekon

Server: Cazic - Thule

Postby Scowls » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:08 pm

Scowls

Veteran -

Return to Alchemy