[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Alchemy Beginner- Help!

Alchemy Beginner- Help!

Is teh Debil. Commiserate (or flaunt it) here. Other tradeskills too.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Alchemy Beginner- Help!

Postby BrieThecheese » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:45 pm

New Shaman here :)

I am a lvl 15 shammy, and when i get to 25, i will do the CR quest to get skilled to 54 in Alchemy. Then what?
Some questions:
What type of potions sell the most/least?
What potions cost the least to make?
What is the best zone to get supplies for Alchemy?
What is a good recipe to stick with to get skill?
What kind of profit can i make from selling the potions in the Bazaar?
What is the highest skill i can get to without having to farm items?
Are there any up to date guides on skilling up? All the ones i have seen are getting older. :)
Where can i get a Medicine bag or something to make potions in?
Are there any skillup ranges that are really, really long?

Feel free to add any cool potions that are fun to use, and i'll try make em :) i just LOVE illusions
Thanks!
Grearl- 15 shaman (at the moment)
Brie Cheeseheart 75 Necro
Havarti Cheeseheart, 63 Shaman
Fenka Frogheart, 63 SK- Semi retired
Druzzil Ro

Retired for the time being (again)
Grearl Kalu of the Truthbringer, 53 shaman
Renarc Sarikal, 56 druid
Stromm
BrieThecheese

Necromancer Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: Alchemy Beginner- Help!

Postby Kumudil » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:40 am

a good starting point for tradeskill Infos is here: http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/showthr ... 5d&t=30177
The recommended path is good over there. I haven't maid profit out of Alchemy since ages.
It happend that I have been around 230 in alchemy when the new hot-pots came out. They have been useful and hight enought to bring me up in skills.
This helped me to pay for the costs up to 300. The frogs in old sebilis still fear me from my visits in these days killing them to get the nodding blue lillies.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby fendaann » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:17 pm

Dont forget to due the Tradeskill Trophy Quest since you wont have AA's that low to help on cost making the items.

Check your bazaar

I have not done anything in a long time but
Skrink - used to sell
Gate - used to sell
Skinspikes - sell - peeps PLing they alts
Wolf - used to sell - maybe for twinks
Illusions used to sell - maybe some still due
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby BrieThecheese » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:16 pm

Thanks! that guide is awesome on EQ traders
I also found this guide, not sure if it is up to date
http://forums.notaddicted.com/showthread.php?t=20814
BrieThecheese

Necromancer Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Whitman » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:24 am

I made a fair profit from Skinspikes while skilling up my shaman alt. Make sure you do the trophy as soon as you are able. Forget the stupid starter tasks, the first 54 points will cost you ~10 plat and take 10 minutes tops.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
~Voltaire
Whitman

Ranger Main

Postby Moragoth » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:45 pm

Ok, so for what its worth I play on zek, I am fairly sure that is going to skew prices a little bit but I make money on plenty of stuff. I'm not getting rich but I can come away with 2 to 5k profit from Friday or Saturday spent in trader.

The biggest sell there is the Potion of Major Negation, this is a target able dispel.

When I make skin spikes they are aimed at low level only. I, II and III are all I normally make. When someone wants to powerlevel a toon this is what they come for. If these are plenty full on your server already there is probably not a lot to be made from them.

Any of the resist potions sell fair.

The cure poison and cure disease potions sell well.

Every so often i will make a run through Gunthak/Dulak collecting the parts for illusion potions. These sell at a pretty steady pace of a couple a day for between 300 and 600 plat.

I always check prices when I get ready to trade. If something is listed way cheaper then i sell or listed at a negative profit i will often times buy them out and resell.

Like I said i'm not getting rich off of these but it is a nice addition to the stuff I normally list for sale anyhow. Also (and this may be particular to Zek) I will advertise bulk prices if people buy 100+, 300+ 500+ etc, It sometimes take a few days to find a taker on 300 dispel potions but its nice when it happens.
Moragoth

Necromancer Main

Postby Unmei » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:05 pm

Sounds like some shrewd trading to me.

Another relatively easy potion that might move is the Invis to Undead potion - there are a billion ways in game to get normal invis, but ITU is a bit harder to come by. Levitate potions may also move.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby BrieThecheese » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:46 pm

thanks for all the ideas, will look into them

alchemy is at 140 or so atm, and the combines are getting expensive. Is there a cheap path to 210 or is all going to be 4-6 plat per combine? i have got to the point where i had to stop skilling in alchemy because i ran out of plat :P
BrieThecheese

Necromancer Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:34 pm

more and more expensive.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby BrieThecheese » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:08 pm

oh great, better go farm something then. . lol
BrieThecheese

Necromancer Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Cronikk » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:24 am

Take your necro down and slaughter in Seb .. start stocking up on nodding blue lillies. If you have a decent supply of these, it's possible to skill-up pretty cheaply.
Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby BrieThecheese » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:34 pm

will do, i think i have around 10 lilies from guildmates lying around
thanks
BrieThecheese

Necromancer Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby HawklordXegony » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:08 pm

HawklordXegony

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:30 am

Take your shaman to seb. pull massive trains. get into a corner. Use the AE (Cone) Nuke to kill them. Loot Nodding Blue Lillies. Repeat until bored, then do it some more.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby AbyssalMage » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:10 am

AbyssalMage

Beastlord Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Kaisung » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:50 pm

Another one that I have sold readily enough, although not often, since I tend to put them on my own cleric, is the invis potions made from exceptional shissar blood from Ssra...they do not say it, but they are a no-fail invis.
Kaisung

Server: 7th Hammer

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Shamwow » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:19 am

Shamwow

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby fendaann » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Breath of Antraygus - 1200 AE dd - Lvl 69 - different than the rest, hits in a targeted cone for more than 3 mobs possible

can now be researched insteed of the quest.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=45635

Good luck
Happy Hunting

P.S. we also have other spells you can use and i have used since I never did get this spell yet -lol;

pull with AOE rains

Hungry Plague
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spel ... spell=8017
The plague will freqently attempt to infect nearby targets with the same malady

Matip's Drowse -aoe slow

or stick an Idol of Malo in a spot that has a lot of mobs that walk threw it.
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Lenil » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:05 pm

I recently went back to Sebilis so I could make haste potions for an alt. For the heck of it, I popped my warrior merc and was surprised how effective he was. Definitely more powerful than the pet... You just have to have passive and active buttons so he doesn't start before the whole swarm arrives. You want all those bodies to be in a pile - not scattered across the zone wherever the bad pathing let the merc catch them.
Lenil

Return to Alchemy