[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Solo spots 20-?

Solo spots 20-?

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Solo spots 20-?

Postby nfef » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:29 pm

Im looking for a list of good spots for a shaman to solo from 20 to whenever it ceases being a good source of xp. There's only 3 threads in this section, 2 are about PLing and one is for grouping.

I'm moderately twinked, as you can see in my magelo below.

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1268086

I figure i'll try to hit HHK after PC and take that as fas as I can then start soloing, but I doubt my chances of finding a group in HHK, so I might start soloing sooner. Where to go then and what tactics to use would be most helpful.

Any advice is appreciated.
nfef

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Mead » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:18 pm

I have gone to 54 so far using the following path:

~1-20 PC
~20-25 Neth Lair
~25-30 Echo Caverns
~30-35 LDONs
~35-45 Gunthak (Started at the front of the beach and ended up at the temple-type area near the 2nd Nadox zoneline.)
45-54 The Hole (Started at iz, worked into the lake at the top of the waterfall. You can camp and med/afk there without walkers eating you.)
54-62 ???? /shrug, not sure about the best bang for the buck yet.

Now....with all that said, I am boxing, not soloing. Yes, I am PLing myself with a boxed toon (67 mage or 70 rogue), but the level ranges are such that you can accomplish it solo. The LDONs were of course grouped, as I wanted to get a little feel for playing the shaman in a group situation.
Mead

Server: The Nameless

Postby nfef » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:13 am

Well im 29 now looking for somewhere to go. HHK and LDoNs seem to be dead on my server, everyone does missions. Tried shrooms in DSP, but I can't stand that zone and the wandering lightcrawlers were getting annoying. Someone recommended basilisks in JP, think i'll try that next.
nfef

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:04 pm

From your level up to 36, it's easy & fast to do gnolls in South Karana outside the entrance to Splitpaw Lair. Either immediately or once you're done with gnolls, you ought to check out the beach in Gunthak. I hear the exp there is grrrreat, and as a plus, you can preferentially pull the undead, who won't run away at low health.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby nfef » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:51 am

nfef

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Mead » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:58 am

Mead

Postby nfef » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:17 pm

nfef

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby wuma » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:30 pm

Find a monk or ranger, become friends with him/her, duo things.

I know it's not quite the solo answer you were looking for, but it's easier to find one person to group with then to find a group that wants you somtimes.
wuma

Server: Quellious

Postby Mead » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:26 pm

Mead

Postby Finori » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:53 pm

Finori

Postby Mead » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:08 pm

Oh, one other thing while I am thinking of it. I don't recall you mentioning being in a guild, nor does your magelo show one listed. Find yourself a good mid-level guild and participate with the members. That will do more for helping you level and form relationships than anything else. At any level of the game, relationships are key, because LFG sucks from 1-70, regardless of class. Having a solid friends list and guild membership does more for avoiding LFG stress than anything.

Since I happen to also be on the Nameless, I know of one that would fit you pretty well:

It happens to be the guild that I put my shaman in back when he was in his 20s, and there are a ton of lower-mid level toons in the guild. They like to group together, will gladly switch from one toon to another in your level range if you want to do something, and are a pretty fun bunch overall. They also have some higher level characters that they do a little bit of raiding with in older zones like Chardok, etc.

I don't recall what your play times were like, but there seems to be at least a dozen or so NCOKers on at any given time.

Hope that helps ya out. Sorry you took offense to my sarastic post. It was more directed at MMs than you, but I didn't think you'd be so defensive. It was only in fun.

Use the MMs for AA grinding, where it doesn't affect your skill development.
Mead

Postby nfef » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:22 pm

nfef

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Grouping and General XPing