[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - More Low Level Hunting (25 - 36)

More Low Level Hunting (25 - 36)

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

More Low Level Hunting (25 - 36)

Postby fuzzy » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:40 pm

Last edited by fuzzy on Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shark
fuzzy

Server: Prexus

Postby Brohg » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:58 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby fuzzy » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:10 am

fuzzy

Postby Webbie » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:55 am

Webbie

Server: Saryrn

Postby Finori » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:58 pm

Finori

Postby Brohg » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:11 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby fuzzy » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:45 pm

fuzzy

Postby Samanna » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:53 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Mead » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:54 pm

Mead

Server: The Nameless

Postby fuzzy » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:58 pm

Fantastic. I'll grab the new info from the in-game map and write it on my PoK map.
fuzzy

Postby Finori » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:27 pm

Finori

Postby Mead » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:45 pm

Mead

Server: The Nameless

Postby Cronikk » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:53 am

Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby fuzzy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:15 am

fuzzy

Postby Sebekiz » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:45 pm

- *RETIRED* Shaman on the Rathe (formerly on Lanys T'vyl).

Jodun - *INACTIVE* Shaman on The Combine.
Sebekiz

Server: Norrath

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:15 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:44 pm

Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby fuzzy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:18 am

fuzzy

Postby Finori » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:13 pm

Finori

Postby Brohg » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:27 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby fuzzy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:48 am

fuzzy

Postby Webbie » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:16 am

Webbie

Postby fuzzy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:37 am

fuzzy

Postby Finori » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:15 pm

Finori

Postby fuzzy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:36 pm

fuzzy

Postby Webbie » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:42 pm

Webbie

Postby Phatcow » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:11 pm

70 Soothsayer of Bristlebane
Phatcow

Server: Bristlebane

Postby fuzzy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:10 am

I'm still here. And not level 70 yet :)

I've worked my pottery skill up to 100, and sucessfully combined the skull parts for skull quest #2. Felt like killing stuff instead of questing, so I've been spending most of my time hunting basilisks in jaggedpine forest. By having my pet guard the west wall in the northernmost cave, I can safely pull to it. Keeping quickness, and talisman of Tnarq up on both me & my pet, and regen & Fury (Dex boost for weapon proc) and using 1 shot each of Scourge, Envenomed Breath, and Instill per basilisk, I'm able to clear 4 spawn points, return to my pet & canni / med back to full to do it again. I've gotten pretty good at pulling a basilisk into the corner so that the pet is right at it's back and can begin doing damage almost immediately. If I could add a fifth spawn I'd be making the most of each casting of Fury, but taking out the 4 leaves me with very little mana. Alright, so while typing this, I was able to add the fifth spawn point. If nothing is resisted (seldom is), clearning 5 basilisks per round is doable with 3% mana left. Should be easy with clarity potions. Anyone looking for a good XP spot in the low to mid 30s should definately come here. Very safe, efficient, and quick. Dinged 35, and will probably stay here until 36, then get back to questing.

The Spirit Strike proc on the Rune Etched Icewurm Fang is nice. An extra 60 - 70 damage once or twice a fight is a solid boost to my killing speed. And it's mana-free!

Turns out that my foraging the other day earned me 84 plat. Not bad, I suppose. Hopefully the piles of basilisk eggs & eye stalks that I'm collecting will bring in some cash too. No plat drops from these basilisks, and I could use an infusion to pick up the rest of my 34, 35, & 36 spells. I'll probably hit Frontier Mts. to kill some giants after 36 and making some progress on my skull quests to bolster my cash. Should be able to find a group there as well. I need to play in a group again... I'm afraid that I'm getting into a solo-oriented mindset.

My skills are staying up nicely. Piercing is almost caught up, not bad considering it was at 20 (last free train @ GM) when I hit 34. Divination & Abjuration are starting to lag again. I'll work on those while camping skull quest parts.
fuzzy

Postby Cronikk » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:17 am

Oh man - back when I was levelling up I used to *dream* about getting a REIF. Never could afford it though. Glad you're coming along nicely.

Whilst you're in Frontier Mountains, drop by the goblin caves just to the east of the BW zone in. Slaughtering the inhabitants will get you a good supply of Mt Death Mineral Salts and Green Goblin Skins. These are used to gain faction in Chardok and, ultimately, a very nice clicky damage shield ring. If you don't want to do the quest, sell the drops to those that do. You might still be at the level the gobbos give xp too (couldn't swear to it - they're pretty low).

That's how I financed my first mount, back in the day.

Take care and keep seeing the world!
Cronikk

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:29 am

Yeah, I spent for ever getting that faction up. Now I've had the ring for months and still haven't clicked it!
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Cronikk » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:11 pm

It all adds up, Sam .. esp with +ds mods and the old Kilva's potions (RIP). Having said that, I don't use it as much as I should - fights are usually over before I think 'Oh wow .. that DS would be really useful about 5 minutes ago ...' Much more useful to get it at lower level (req 50 or 51, iirc?). Really makes a huge difference back there.
Cronikk

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Henora » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:21 pm

, shaman of - Terris Thule ( now The Rathe )
Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Finori » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:44 pm

Finori

Postby Macnair » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:45 pm

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Henora » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:49 pm

Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:54 pm

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:32 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Kiru » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:04 am

Also, Frontier Mountains as the new XP hot spot for level 35 (Gunthak is level 40, Velk's is 45, Fungus is 50, Old Seb is 55, Cazic Thule is 60 - oh and Iceclad is 25 and Rathe Mts is 30).
Kiru

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby fuzzy » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:38 am

fuzzy

Postby Brohg » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:48 am

Brohg

Veteran ----