[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - AA question

AA question

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

AA question

Postby Thugo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:44 am

I have made 2 characters to box the Voxx and Nagafen Dragons. I leveled a bard up to 65 and got about 200 aa, if I de-level the bard to 52, will he still get use of his spent aa's? I was just curious, cause if so that will be awesome with max instrument aa's. Might even level the cleric up to 65 max aa, and de-level back down to 52. Sounds crazy, but I love old world content, get to relive the magical times when EQ first came out.Since my 85 rogue is near 1600 aa its nice to get on a twink for some fun.
Thugo

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Re: AA question

Postby Ughbash » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:15 am

Nope, you do not get any credit for any AA you are not high enough level to qualify for.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Mobrak » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Some AAs that would have worked at a certain level will no longer work at all if you level up purchase a higher level version of the AA then delevel. For example, at level 80 a ranger can train Headshot 10. The passive AA will fire on level 66 and below humanoids. At level 81, the ranger can train Headshot 11 and fire on mobs level 68 and below. If however, the level 81 ranger with HS11 dies and de-levels to 80, Headshot will no longer fire on any mobs of any level, period. So, not only do you lose the benefit of the higher level AAs, you've lost the benefit of the AA that you would normally have access to at your new, lower level.

I do not know from personal experience which AAs this bug/feature affects occurs other than Headshot.

Mobrak

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:33 pm

All activated AA's wont work when you are lower then the level to purchase and all passive AA's will stop working when you are lower level then the highest level you have purchased. If I remember right this was changed to prevent people from abusing the AA's after deleveling a lot.

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Thugo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Oh ok, I had made the bard with the intent being my mains 2nd box but decided something different. Been thinking about playin with naggy and voxx when they are up so bard/clr and 2 tank mercs sounded like alot of fun. I figured I might as well use the bard for something and if I can use those aa's I had gotten that wouldd be a + to, but oh well, man I guess ill loose Innate Run speed, because its maxed at 5/5, only one way to find out!
Thugo

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:34 am

If you put some effort into twinking well, you can just run at em with a solo melee class. No boxing, no mercs
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Thugo » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:15 am

Is it possible for a bard?
Gear is not an issue, im on FV server and think the bard is 7k hp and maybe 1.3k ac will see when i de-level him.
Weapons are about a .830 ratio, not the best but still good, + 41% haste belt. Ive heard sk's can solo them well but meh, dont really care to play a knight.
Thugo

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Probably? The right weapons are Equifinis and Stone Etched Mallet
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box