[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - OoW - MPG: Subversion

OoW - MPG: Subversion

Timeless Saves - Check here first for ginormously useful info.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

OoW - MPG: Subversion

Postby Gloriana » Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:26 pm

re-posted from the Crucible

Group make up:

Warrior, cleric, rogue, shaman, wizard, enchanter

Basically, the trial starts and three different chest types spawn around the room, they have different names. Priests and casters will use their LDON chest spells to sense/disarm traps and open chests. Priest chests are called "hex-linked" chests. Rogue chests are called "iron bound" chests (don't remember caster chest names).

To use the LDON spells, I had to buy Greater Scrying Stones from the Magus at LDON camps. They cost 18 plat each and I used 10.

After you disarm the chest, you open it and loot a coin. (you actually have to /open the chest then /loot - or right click to loot as normal). The coins are worth 10, 20 or 30 points. You have to go as fast as possible and collect coins for a total of 300 points. At 300 points, the guy in the middle of the room becomes active and you can kill him.

There is a 15 minute time limit.

There are wandering adds as you are running around opening the chests. I hid behind all the chests when opening them to help avoid the adds.

In my trial, the warrior called the chest locations (as one is opened, another spawns, so he would say stuff like PRIEST CHEST SE! or TWO FOR YOU GLORI) and the cleric pacified the adds. The rogue, shaman and wizard opened the chests and looted the coins, using invis to move around between chests to help avoid the adds.

When we reached 290 points, we ran over to the East wall and the final coin was collected to take us to 300.

The warrior engaged the mob, he was slowable. He had a ton of hitpoints and hit like a truck. Pretty resistant to everything I had to throw at him.

I messed up disarming a trap and got hit by a drunkeness curse (even though my AT was 191). It was curable with RC 3.

Some spiffy shoulders dropped that the rogue won and I got my first 70 rune. Yay me!

Note: According to the Safehouse, both bards and rogues can open the Iron Bound chests! Also according to the Safehouse, if the boss is not engaged within 30 seconds of becoming active, he goes from a 2K hitter to a 7K hitter. I did not experience that so can not confirm.

Quiggle

Since you need a cleric for the last mob, it's easiest to have him chain cast pacify on the adds so you can run around without worrying about agro. If one does agro, you have to stop opening chests until he dies, which is a big waste of time. Great write up though, just thought I'd throw that in there.

Blazz

By far the easiest of the trials, both in method and location. There are only 2 see-invis mobs to kill on the way to this trial, so you can be in there in 15 minutes from the time you form up at WoS zoneline.

Ironbound, Hexbound and Spellbound are the chest types. I can confirm the 2k to 7K thing. We wiped once fighting him, and althuogh we recovered, by the time we got back he was hitting for 7K and we were cooked.

Here is anotehr tip people may not know. Once yuo complete this trial, you will be locked out for 3 days (all these trials have various lockouts from 2-3 days). However, there is a little trick to re-set your lockouts (this applies to ALL the lockouts of these trials). Simply go into any other trial, and die. You MUST die, then fail the trial (purposely, usually). This will re-set ALL your trials to 2 hour lockouts. One good system is to do 2 or 3 trials, then go to the 4th and die and fail on purpose, so you can come back fresh the next day.
Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby Unmei » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:17 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby dohrian » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:24 am

Last edited by dohrian on Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:57 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Henora » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:11 pm

We don't have an int caster available to help with this trial. Will the rogue and I be able to get enough chests open that we don't have to have an int caster?
, shaman of - Terris Thule ( now The Rathe )
Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Trevalen » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:08 pm

Trevalen

Postby Lickity » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:29 pm

Lickity

Server: Kane Bayle Refugee (Prexus)

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Henora » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:16 pm

Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Pugger » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:52 am

If you got a good chanter you can do this without a cleric as well....Ive done it a cpl of times where the chanter was mezzing the mobs and opening int chests and weve won....sometimes with a druid healing, sometimes with just me. Not what I would like to have for the trial but late at night and you wanna have a go at it....it is possible.
Pugger

Server: Saryn

Postby Samanna » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:39 am

Posted by Lickity at http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?t=198 :

I made this at the request of my guild, thought it might be of some use to the the shaman as well =)
MPG Trial Proven Successful Strats

Subversion:10 minutes for getting coins, unlimited for boss

3 mobs are up in the center of the arena when you zone in, the master and two guards, all three are non-aggro after the trial starts. The goal of the mission is to obtain 300 coins. These coins can be obtained a) through opening chests and looting them, or b) killing roaming mobs. It is much easier to not kill the mobs because of the time it takes to kill them and their adding abilities.

The chests come in three varieties: Ironbound (Mechanical - Bard/Rogue) Spellbound (INT caster) Hexxt (WIS caster/necro.) Only these listed classes can disarm the traps on the chests and unlock them, and the INT/WIS casters can only open and disarm them with the "Greater" line of LDON chest spells, yes necros can open 2 types. These chests are trapped about 75% of the time, and we need to be disarmed, in the event you fail or neglect to disarm it an AE will go off, limited range, one is a nasty dot Jagged Rust, poison curable, the other is Hazy Cloud(i believe is the name, its a mind spell symbol) this one will cause you to become drunk, curable with curse cures.

After about 30 seconds to a minute of starting the trial, roaming mobs will appear, these can easily be pacified by a cleric or enchanter. I suggest that the cleric stay in the center of the arena and pacify. They should use their lvl 65 spell, Pacification, as it has a lower aggro radius, and will keep them from aggroing the wandering chest openers. In the event that one of the mobs gets aggroed, whoever aggroed it needs to announce it has been aggroed and run it to the center of the arena where you tank, cleric and one extra should be waiting and get it dead ASAP. (also remember to loot the coin off the corpse.)

Once you get the emote saying your chest openers have found 270 coins, everyone needs to move EAST in the arena and hug the wall so that they dont auto aggro the named. The chest openers will then get the last 30 coins. As soon as you see the 300 coin mark, your pacifiers need to pacify the two stationary guards by the named and after its done call for someone (preferably the tank) to pull the named. The longer he is up after his is active before being pulled, the harder he will hit. Pulling him almost the instant he is up results in him hitting for about 1.5k, I've seen as high as nearly 4k after him being up for about a minute. If you have a good enchanter, the guards can also be charmed for extra DPS, of which they are pretty substantial.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Jin » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:01 pm

Jin

Postby Unmei » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:13 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Return to Medicine Cabinet