[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - spell sets

spell sets

UIs, Macros, Hotkeys, Parsing, Hardware and other sundry discussion about how the game is played.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

spell sets

Postby Gloriana » Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:25 pm

deria

Step 1: Memorize all the spells you want to be in your new spellset.

Step 2: Right-click the spellbook icon (but button you would normally left-click to opent he spell book).

Step 3: Click "Save spell set".

Step 4: Enter the name of the new spell set.

To use /memspellset, use "/memspellset name".

You could also use a number for the /memspellset command, but then everything gets crazy if the order of your sets changes.

Ssti

You can also use: "/mem name" for similar results

or

/mem 1 - 10

You have 10 spellsets max. Here's an example of how I have mine set up. I use letters a - j to determine the order.

(Names are exactly as is.)

"a Standard" (slow,malos,FA,canni 4,root,Tnarg Heal,Quiesc,Dot)
"b Healer" (slow,malos,Nadox,canni 4,root,Tnarg Heal,Quiesc,Krag Heal)
"c Disease Slow" (slow,malos,Disease Slow,canni 4,root,Tnarg Heal,Quiesc,malicious Decay)
"d Patch Buffage" (slow,malos,singe Boar,canni 4,root,Tnarg Heal,Quiesc,Single Focus)
"e Raid Buffage" (slow,malos,Group Boar,canni 4,root,Tnarg Heal,Quiesc,Group Focus)
"f Invis" (slow,malos,Invis,canni 4,root,Tnarg Heal,Quiesc, Group Acumen)
"g Bear" (slow,malos,Bear Form,canni 4,root,Tnarg Heal,Quiesc,Group Shrink)
"h Dogdog" (slow,malos,DogDog,canni 4,root,Tnarg Heal,Quiesc,Single Shrink)
"i Dottage Disease" (slow,malos,Disease dot,canni 4,root,Tnarg Heal,Quiesc,Disease dot)
"j Dottage Poison" (slow,Curse Dot,Ancient bane of Nife,canni 4,root,Tnarg Heal,Quiesc,Blood of Saryne)

This lets me switch modes on the fly quite fast using /mem 1 - 10 since it usually means 2 spells will switch at a time and similar spells from every mode will allways be in the same slots therefore don't unmem. Doing it this way also means you're never vulnerable because some important spell is unmemmed.

Typically when I get somewhere and set up shop. This happens very fast.

/mem 7 (Bear mode) cast bear/shrink group.
/mem 5 (Raid buffage) Buff group/mgb if applicable.
/mem 8 (Dogdog) Cast dog, shrink dog.
/mem 4 (Patch buffage) Focus dog.
/mem 1 (Standard) Gtg, occasionally switch to patch buffage to rebuff the dead and late comers.

If I'm Root/dotting

/mem 3 (disease slow) Pull with malos, Root mob,Slow Mob,debuff disease resists.
/mem 9 (Dottage disease) Implement Disease dots, reroot as necessary)
/mem 10 (Dottage Poison) Dot the hell out of the mob, it'll die before disease dots wear off and you can keep 4-5 dots going on the mob at a time. (I've been doing this in plane of Fire. Works very well)

If running with group somewhere.

/mem 6 (invis) Group acumen for see invis. Invis melees+you, RUN FOREST RUN.

Depending on actual situation I may modify a spellset to accomodate a particular need (reSaving a spellset with the same name overwrites it). Other spells are memmed as needed using the popup spell lists. Your mileage may vary. I'd be curious to know how others have adapted to spellsets if anyone else has any suggestions or examples

deria

My spell sets are not very different from yours, except instead of poison/disease/curse sets I use a root-friendly, root-hostile division. I also have a debuff-set, which has malos, malosinia, and malicious decay in it.

Oh, and my invis set is more of a general travel set so it includes SoW, Levitation, and Enduring Breath.

UnderToad

u dont need to memorize a full list of 8 spells before u make a spell set
i have several sets with just 2 spells in slots 6 and 7
when i /mem these spellsets all of the other slots remain unchanged and just those 2 slots are erased and then filled
i use these for my various dots/nukes/rains/buffs/etc.

another thing i do is i have 2 spell sets named current and current2 (actually cur and cur2 for ease in typing)
as soon as i zone into a dungeon i mem the spells i want to use for that encounter and save them as cur
cur2 is used cuz i often will want a second lineup for the same encounter
now if someone asks for buffs i just type /mem buff then when im done i type /mem cur
very painless that way

btw if u wanna add things to ur wishlist make it the ability to save more than 10 spell sets
that is not nearly enuff

weissblau

I'll restate it with punctuation and capitals so hopefully some more people will understand.

If you keep a spell slot empty when you save a spellset, that slot will be left alone when you load that spellset.

That means you can have your Slow - Root - Cannibalize - Heal combo that never changes, and swap out the other four slots. Create a spellset called "Base" with the four biggies (or whatever you consider your biggies) and then a series of spellsets for other purposes.

trolebus

no, /memspellset is for loading.
to save the spellset you need the book icon

Piglet

Only way you can save spell sets with a custom UI is to mem the spells, switch to default UI, save using the book icon, then reload your custom UI. Thankfully you only have to do that once per spellset (or you can switch and do as many as you want before switching back so you only have to do it once).

krindaria

Yes, I found out for myself very early on that its actually simplier, when you make spellsets, that you leave any "partial" memspellsets with empty spaces. In fact I have macros for specific ones. This leaves me the freedom of changing specific spellslots myself if needed without having to worry about overwriting them and having to hunt for them again if they aren't part of a memmed set.

And those single/double shot spells make for perfect macros, without have to mess up your current spells.

Ie..cure (damn those plague mites! Darn LdoN!

/memspellset cure (only has Blood of Nadox for the 8th spot, keeping my heals up top active, which is in all my spellsets except buffing)
/pause 42 *I think that's it...I tested and tested until i got the right pause,but I probably have the wrong number here)
/cast 8 (this is where I put my one or two shots ones, at the bottom)
/g Casting Blood of Nadox (group cure poison & disease), hang on I may have to cast a few times. Please don't die, you'll make me look bad.

It's fast and I don't have to worry about losing even a second or two searching and casting, because it's all set up. And since I don't have RC yet, it's wonderful. I'm going to keep it even after RC I think, at least until I max it and am sure that RC will be able to handle the worst of the poison/diseases out there. Like...hmm..what is that nasty poison LDoN one??? Took me down about 3k hps in 3tics. /shudder

Anyways, getting off topice. I just wish is that we could mem more than 10

Otoole Frostypants

This thread is really useful.

Having played around with this a bit myself, I think I see the method behind having 6 spells rather than 4 that are not switched out very often--the rate of speed at which the "new spellset" is swapped in. Still, 4 spells being altered isn't that bad. When time is critical, though...

It's all smart playing, no matter what, to keep 4 spells permanently memmed while swapping out the others. Time for shaman is really a factor.

Stolastorv

I keep 5 spells constant all the time,
Tnargs
Torpor
Canni 4
Turgurs
haste
last 3 are swap locations, with Malo usually in slot 7.

Piglet

To those that pointed out my generalisation with custom UIs, I salute you, you are of course quite right. If your custom UI has a book icon then you can of course save as per normal. My post should have specifically said that it was pertinent to those that didn't have the icon, although Krindaria's finding means it's worth trying that first. Apologies for the rather slack info but, failing the above, saving using the default UI is clumsy but it works

Oracle Strega

This is basically what I do.

1 - Heal
2 - Canni
3 - Quiescence
4 - Open
5 - Changeable
6 - Changeable
7 - Changeable
8 - Malos
9 - Slow

I have 10 spellsets

1 - Group 1 (Talis. of Wunshi, Talis. of Fortitude, Talis. of Sense)
2 - Group 2 (Talis. of Perseverence, Talis. of Might, Talis of Alacrity)
3 - Single 1 (Wunshi's Focusing, Spirit of Fortitude, Spirit of Sense)
4 - Single 2 (Spirit of Perseverence,
5 - Travel (Spirit of Bi Lih, Levitate, Spirit Shroud)
6 - Debuff (Crippling Spasm, Putrid Decay, Cloud of Grummus)
7 - DD's (Ice Age, Spear of Venom, Spear of Torment)
8 - DoT's (Blood of Yoppa, Bane, Blood of Saryrn)
9 - Pet (Farrel's Companion, Spirit Quickening, Swift Like the Wind)
10 - Cleric (Infusion of Spirit, Spirit of Might, blank)

SPangaloid

exp:

BoT
Dot
Canni
Dot
yoppa
spasm
nahil's
turgur's
malos

raid:

BoT
Wunshi
Canni
fort
yoppa
spasm
nahil's
turgur's
malos

solo:

BoT
Dot
Canni
Dot
yoppa
Dot
root
turgur's
malos
Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby Samanna » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:54 pm

Last edited by Samanna on Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Gloriana » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:18 am

Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby Samanna » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:55 am

I think bullitenboard software tends to have problems with tables and linefeeds. I had to monkey with it on the old boards, and still haven't figured it out here.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Greeznok » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:10 am

Greeznok

Server: Xegony/Zebuxoruk

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:15 am

Samanna