[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Amending Hotbuttons for Clickies!

Amending Hotbuttons for Clickies!

UIs, Macros, Hotkeys, Parsing, Hardware and other sundry discussion about how the game is played.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Amending Hotbuttons for Clickies!

Postby Tordail » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:27 pm

I have just discovered that I can amend my beloved UI to show my clicky inventory slots. Originally, the hotbutton window had been set up to show all hotbuttons, allow access to bag slots, and show your primary, secondary, range and ammo slots. I took a look at Aruman's UI and noticed how he had slots available for clickies, and decided to play around and see if I could do that, too. To do it, I opened the EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml file and did a search for Range and Ammo. On me, those slots are my Lodestar and my Grandmaster Alchemy bag, and since neither of those have useful clickies, I wanted to see if they could be set to display something that did. I wanted my Quarm shawl and my Inny earring to be displayed.

What I found in my HotButtonWnd.xml looked like this:

<InvSlot item="Newslot7">
<ScreenID>Newslot7</ScreenID>
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>44</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>32</CX>
<CY>32</CY>
</Size>
<Background>A_InvRange</Background>
<EQType>11</EQType>
<Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll>
<Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll>
<Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent>
</InvSlot>

What you want to look for is this: <EQType>5</EQType> kind of line. To change my Range to my Shoulders, I put in 6 in place of the 11.

Here's the EQType list I found.
1 = Left Ear
2 = Head
3 = Face
4 = Right Ear
5 = Neck
6 = Shoulders
7 = Arms
8 = Back
9 = Left Wrist
10 = Right Wrist
11 = Range
12 = Hands
13 = Primary
14 = Secondary
15 = Left Fingers
16 = Right Fingers
17 = Chest
18 = Legs
19 = Feet
20 = Waist
21 = Ammo

Then I realized the little box would still show a range icon in the background even though a shoulder item was on it, so I opened up the default HotButtonWnd.xml file and copied the <Background>A_InvShoulders</Background> line and popped it in. Lo and behold, it worked. I did the same thing for my Left Ear slot, and there you have it.

I hope I didn't leave anything out. Someone who's more intelligent than I when it comes to UI matters might need to help, lol.
Last edited by Tordail on Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Gloriana » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:39 pm

I bring you gold and silver moons,
And diamond stars, and mists that float.
Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby Aruman » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:04 pm

Cestus Dei
Veeshan(Luclin)
Aruman

Server: Veeshan(Luclin)

Shaman Main

Postby Tordail » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:38 pm

Yep that's exactly how I did it, Aruman! I now have clicky shoulder and earring slots, with shoulder and earring backgrounds!

I realized in the screenshot I posted that I still had my Earhoop of the Eighteen Eyes equipped, lol, so I switched my earrings over. It's always something. /grin
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Return to Game Mechanics