[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Hot button bars and UI's

Hot button bars and UI's

UIs, Macros, Hotkeys, Parsing, Hardware and other sundry discussion about how the game is played.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Hot button bars and UI's

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:30 pm

So, being a lazy sod in SOD. (ok, for reasons that escape me, I find that funny), I use the default UI. I didn't always, but since my last return to EQ I have. I run two hot bars at the bottom of my screen, and the rest of my screen is a complete mess. I won't post it here for fear of Brohg becoming so enraged that he flies to Canada and pummels me with a book on the zen of a clean screen. (ok, again admit that for reasons unknown, this statement amuses me.)

Anyway, the point of this post is related to a comment I just saw about the 3 spires. I haven't purchased them yet because... I have no room on my 2 hotbar buttons. There is nothing on there (20 buttons) that I don't actively use on a regular basis. This is including most of my 'emergency' type stuff like Union of spirits. I have no room any more for bear form or the 'use hitpoints for mana AA' and certainly not 3 spire buttons....

I think this problem started to occur more and more as more and more AAs were transferred from spells (like slow, malo line etc.)

I suspect I am not the only one with this kind of difficulty. As a boxer I try to keep my hot button mashing line up the same across the boxes. e.g. pet attack on mage and shaman on same hot button, main nuke used same on mage and druid, etc.

My question is, how are you folks dealing with this? I can't be the only one having this kind of shortage problem? Especially you boxers. I mean there is an answer for the single char player on just expanding to more buttons, but I don't have time to look for them quite often. I need them to be on a known cycle that I can do by direct routine.
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: Hot button bars and UI's

Postby fendaann » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:42 pm

I think you can have two horzantal and two vertical hot button windows open at the same time?

use your everquest button and look at the diffent paths I think it might be under Action.
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Kakimor » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:35 pm

Kakimor

Berserker Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Arslayn » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:06 am

Yes you can have up to 4 Hotkey bars open all at the same time and I think you can orient them Vertical or horizontal individually, I for the life of me cant seem to find the appropriate place to do that atm though. Ill modify this when I find it or not if someone else finds and posts the info first. Okies found how to turn them all on EQ Button then under Actions just click the hotboxes you want to turn on or off, still cant find the way you orient them though and default is Horizontal.
and
"Not all that wander are lost, and not all that glitters is gold"
Defenders Of
Arslayn

Server: Povar

Berserker Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:50 am

When I am boxing the other 2 toons are driven by 5 Buttons. I have 3 hotbars on any toon. But mainly i drive them with a couple of hotbars where I have some sequences rather than single commands.

0: groupinvis

9: autofollow

8: is always first assist
For the mage that is: pet attack, RS, Main nuke
For the Druid that is: Attack debuff, Attack debuff, main nuke

7: is followup assist
Mage: nuke, nuke, nuke
Druid: Nuke, nuke, nuke

When boxing I run dual-monitor, Mage and Druid share one monitor, shaman has full monitor. All chars always full visible. All other buttons usually I click with the mouse.
I plan to do one more hotbutton: Emergency/fullout, which than would include spires, twincast, groupAA-hot and those stuff. Honestly when boxing I am very bad at defending incamp-adds, since today when it tends to get out of contol its usually evacc. So I never felt it important enought to spend 10 minutes to create these emergency hotbuttons.

On my main I don't have such sequences, as there is no way to interrupt them. Here I run out of aviable buttons.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Joejo » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:58 am

Joejo

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:28 am

Hotbars 1 and 2 should be horizontal 3 and 4 vertical. I think you change a value in the Ini file from 0 to 1 to go from Horizontal(0) to vertical (1)

Can't remember the line name in the hotbar file ini you change tho.
frocus

Return to Game Mechanics