[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Big Bynn questions

Big Bynn questions

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Big Bynn questions

Postby Normy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:21 pm

Just a general post asking for some assistance here. Is anyone willing to share the actual percentages for the different waves of the Big Bynn event? I'm working on developing a strat for this, but info is limited and I would prefer to have a clue before the first wipe as to what I can expect.

I'm not expecting a complete strat writeup, but if anyone could pass a few general tips my way, I would appreciate it.
Normy Truhart
"Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences."
Normy

Server: Tunare

Paladin Main

Re: Big Bynn questions

Postby Grumble » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:43 pm

It's not a difficult script to figure out. Likely, you'll know exactly what went wrong while the first wipe is in progress.
I think a dev posted recently that the crystal waves are all on 60 second timers now, so that may make the event somewhat easier.
Grumble

Server: Povar - Ex Tunare

Shaman Main

Postby Normy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:15 pm

Fair enough, I'm not predicting spending more than a single night figuring out WHAT we have to do, but the HOW is always in question. For example, do the crystals have alot of HP? Is it worth having assist all on one at a time or more zerg than that?
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Finori » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:31 pm

The crystals come with every 12% of BB. 1 minute to take them down. If any survive they will be shorten the interval of the AEs of BB. I recommend not to split the DPS aside from the dotters. 5 crystals at 90% is bad.
Finori

Postby Normy » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:54 pm

Excellent, thank you Finori
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby Kakimor » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:47 pm

BB himself doesnt seem to have many hps and doesn't regen to fast .. its dealing with the AEs, Groups getting swallowed etc. that makes this event difficult. Have seen the crystals killed by all assisting on one and knocking em down and by splitting the raid into 2 halves and meeting in the middle so to speak
Kakimor

Berserker Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Normy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:32 pm

Good to know. My raid force doesn't deal well with 2 different assists, so I'll likely try this all assist on one at at time deal, then branch out as we get more comfortable dealing with the rest of the event.
Normy

Paladin Main

Postby chordling » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:31 am

My guild puts 2 groups on each of 4 crystals, the last group is a floater and takes over from whichever group "disappears".
Once those 4 are down we all zerg the last crystal. This works well because each group can be standing in position to immediately switch to a crystal without moving and still hit bb from where they are standing.
If you can't kill at least 4 crystals comfortably each round, the event is going to be very difficult.
chordling

Bard Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Ashramm Damodred » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:40 pm

what others have said, crystals are by far the most important thing on the fight. If you get them all down every round, BB only does 1 ae that I'm aware of 2 at most and they're sooo far spread out time wise that they shouldn't have much of an impact on the raid at all.

When we started this event we leash tanked BB , if you don't know what that is, BB is permarooted, can have the tank back out , get summoned keep backing out to reduce dmg taken on tank. We also use the method of splitting the raid in half, balance dps between groups 1-4 and 5-9 have each set of groups start out on one side, as for setting an MA, it's not really important, the raid tells you when the crystals have spawned, "tinmizer says , let's try some faycite crystals that'll get you going" or something to that effect in yellow text, 1 person just being very attentive to watching their chat windows can call crystals in raid chat or whatever chat you use to give out raid info or call orders. From there it's just F8 and melee, last part of the event 3 golems spawn only 1 is snareable i think.. we kite these with offtanks, BB will not become active again till the golems are down, just make sure your ch'ers are already going on the Tank when the last golem hits 20% or less.
Lord Ashremx<br>Crusader<br>Zek<br>Ascending Dawn<br><A href="http://eq.magelo.com/profile/58420"><FONT color=#009999>My Gear</FONT></A>
Ashramm Damodred

Postby Normy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:46 pm

Our working strat as of right now is to have the assist come on the same crystal at the same location each time, and move in the same pattern. We keep him pointed away from the general raid. We have virtually everyone already in place for the crystals, just have to turn and burn. Our dot folks load up the crystal which is normally last, and by the time we rotate around to that one its at less than half health.

WIth this this place, we put them all down each round and it makes this event pretty easy. Only 1 AE near the end that I saw. If only Deepscar weren't such a pain to beat.
Normy

Paladin Main

Return to Raiding