[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Shaman Soloing Techniques - What do you use?

Shaman Soloing Techniques - What do you use?

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Shaman Soloing Techniques - What do you use?

Postby AyoYo » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:11 pm

Hey
I just reached 65 awhile ago but have mostly done it grouping with very little soloing experience under my belt. I want to start reaching out, soloing some mobs and having some fun on my own. The only problem is, I don't know where to start exactly. First, what are some techniques you use to solo bigger mobs, be it for XP or just to say you did it. Next, what are some good mobs to practice on, and some mobs to start with before I hit the bigger targets? Thanks!
AyoYo

Postby Sustenon » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:46 pm

Root/Rot is an easy technique for soloing. You can easily solo in PoValor, in the NW corner. Golems are easy to pull solo. Hit em with Malos, then root, and DoT away. Use your non-DD DoT's to not break root. Decent aa xp, and you can get used to the technique. I would also suggest getting the aa Virulent Paralysis. It is an assest to soloing. Move on to the Murks in NC and WoS. Good aa xp, and easy as hell. Hope this helps.
Sustenon

Server: Prexus

Postby Samanna » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:55 pm

With VP3, the timer refreshes before root wears off. Pull with M.Decay from max range, then click VP. Stack all the no-DD-component DoTs. Have a regular root up just in case if you feel the need for that safety. In PoV particularly, you can race off the cliff and into the water and lose the mob that chased you due to pathing. But then you'll probably have to train to zin to ditch agro unless you have invis available.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby jekrnu » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:02 am

Every single mob I kill for xp, I use this method.

Pull with Putrid Decay
Hit Virulent Paralysis 3
Cast Malos
Cast Breath of Wunshi
Cast Breath of Ultor
Cast Curse of Sisslak
Cast Blood of Yoppa
Cast Bane
Cast Blood of Saryrn
Hit Canni5
Hit Canni spell gem.
Wait for Curse to wear off, rinse as dots wear off.

At level 65, you wont have all those spells. The only non DD spells you will most likely have is Blood of Saryrn, and Breath of Ultor. If you did a lot of ldon, you got Bane, maybe Anathema, yes?

When I solo'd at lvl 65, I -
Pull with Malicious Decay
Hit Virulent Paralysis 3
Cast Malos
Cast Breath of Ultor
Cast Bane
Cast Blood of Saryrn
Cast Anathema
Cast Pox of Bertoxx(has DD, will most likely break root)
If root wore off, I had clicky shield from inv that had root, so I hit that, loaded up a better root, and used regular root rottage.

For solo adventures, I turn on my affliction tributes and just use those as focuses, since the mana pres / spell haste is so great, and tribute is pretty easy to get anyway.
jekrnu

Postby Gooch » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:15 am

Gooch

Postby Sustenon » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:36 am

Sustenon

Postby Tearr » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:20 am

Tearr 70th level Shamy

The only foolish questions are the ones that remain unasked.
Tearr

Postby Naagruz » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:03 am

Naagruz, Retired Frikkin Troll Shaman of Xegony
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=449978">Doing less with more mana since 99'
Naagruz

Postby runeshaman » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:04 am

Risen From Ashes is rising once more on
runeshaman

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Ithildin » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:06 am

Fateseer of the Long Road
Soothsayer of Terror
Ithildin

Server: Rathe

Cleric Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:23 am

For summonning mobs, like the Ridgerunners in NC, I would pull with Malicious Decay, hit VP, then blow ALL my debuffs - Cripple, Turgur's, Malos. Then I would load up my best DoTs. Then I would fire the mob up, since they don't summon until they're damaged a bit. Q would easily outheal his damage. Leopard yourself and dogdog.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Bloxr Fatso » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:29 am

"Killing for Peace is like Screwing for Virginity"
Bloxr Fatso

Server: The Nameless

Postby Bethiana » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:29 pm

Bethiana

Server: Lightbringer

Postby Vork » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:03 pm

A delicacy in Cabilis!
Vork

Server: Tribunal

Postby Sustenon » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:54 pm

Sustenon

Postby KB » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:15 pm

I'll mention it, tank em in the face, its damn fun. Dragorns over on WoS side of NC where drunt spawns are good practice, only one walker, which is the PH for Drunt, all single pulls. The elite hit in the 600's, miss a lot, etc, good times. At 70 they were 5-8% aa a pop.
KB

Server: Nameless/Inny

Postby Zillanex » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:17 am

Zillanex

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:29 am

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Kozul » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:38 am

Firiona Vie
Kozul

Postby Bethiana » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:44 pm

Bethiana

Server: Lightbringer

Postby Zillanex » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:14 am

Zillanex

Shaman Main

Postby siludorf » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:46 pm

A high end Cleric or Druid won't get 1 rounded by a 10k damage, one day shaman can say the same =/
siludorf

Server: The Tribunal

Postby Brohg » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:10 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Zillanex » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:19 am

Zillanex

Shaman Main

Postby Gruog » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:21 am

Gruog Voodoocaster
70 Shaman Prexus (aka Terris-Thule aka Bertoxx)
Immortal Wrath's tokken shaman.
Gruog

Postby Rythar Spirittracker » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:37 pm

I'd say 85% of the time, root rot and 15% dot/puppy/tank. It use to be a little more root rot, but as my defense aa's are going up, I'm able to be more mana efficient by tanking for dog dog and getting his extra dps in the mix.

Rythar "Rybay" Spirittracker
70 Shaman of
Quellious
Rythar Spirittracker

Server: Quellious

Postby ribeye » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:08 am

70 Rabid Bear

70 Monk
ribeye

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Solo'ing ...

Postby Velarius » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:18 am

< Dai Shan >
"The Only Thing Nescessary for The Triumph of Evil, is for Good Men to Do Nothing ..."
- Edmund Burke
Velarius

Re: Shaman Soloing Techniques - What do you use?

Postby Ungkor » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:14 am

Ungkor

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing