[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Questions about soloing in the 69.1 spell task

Questions about soloing in the 69.1 spell task

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Questions about soloing in the 69.1 spell task

Postby Shiuna » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:18 pm

Shiuna
Barbarian Shaman of 80 seasons (but looks 10 seasons younger)
"Sometimes, when I cast Cazic Touch II on npcs, I crit for 1.25 Million." - Nodyin (EQ dev)
Shiuna

Server: Tunare

Postby Trevalen » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:24 pm

Trevalen

Postby canzan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:45 pm

canzan

Server: stromm

Postby Yesak » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:01 pm

"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Shiuna » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:51 pm

This is great news. I soloed 25 or so aa's in Vxed and finally ended up with the chanting stone mask, and the challenges are less in this zone. I break the campfires by pulling with malos, run towards zone, then root with greater immobilize. If I'm lucky the root lasts long enough to get back and bop 'im.

On the double exp weekend the zoning times were horrendous, so I 2-boxed my cleric, who kept the mob rooted until I got back. It was taking 8-9 minutes to zone out and back in.

Everything in the zone is an upgrade for me, I'm still wearing 3 pieces of scaled avatar armor and my blessed coldain prayer shawl.
Shiuna

Postby Zaviax » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:40 pm

Been working this zone religiously over the past couple days, got around 25-30AA's with the bonus. Nice to say I did that actually playing my character and not in some Monster Mission. :)

First day I soloed, but didn't complete it. (crappy drop rates on books) and yesterday I duoed with a necro and made some crazy XP. We completed it in just over 2 hours. Then I went later with a small group and we aggroed kited the mobs like I was doing with the necro.

Duo with the necro we'd sometimes not bother splitting if there were two mobs. He'd just get both snared then we'd each take one and kite it around. Kinda sad when I saw first hand how much more DPS he has than me. My mob would be at 40% when his would go down. (though to be fair he has his crit AA's maxed)
Zaviax

Postby Yesak » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:17 pm

Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Shiuna » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:55 am

Well, 2-boxed a hard one last night with cleric, and got all the pages in about 4 hours. The cleric wasn't much help damage-wise but saved me some mana on healing canni damage and helped with keeping mobs rooted to break campfires.

We both got the and the chest drop was the . Even though I knew what the cursor item was going to be, it's still startling to actually see it in your inventory.

Of course, my second best piece until now is also a face item, with +20% distance focus. So maybe the RNG will favor me with the rare zone drop, the during the grind to level 70. Of course, the Gory Belt would replace my third best piece, the .....<sigh>

...and I notice that the cursor item for the 69.2 task is , which would replace my best item, the .....<SIGH>

Well, I guess it could be worse, I could still be wearing a bunch of ornate hehe*coff*coff*.....oh, wait, I AM still wearing a bunch of ornate!.....
Shiuna

Postby Cronikk » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:05 pm

Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Keltsete » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:33 am

Keltsete

Postby MiakissAB » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:11 am

MiakissAB

Postby Houndhammer » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:36 am

Hmm how hard do the mobs in there hit? Wonder if I could duo with 70 mage........
Houndhammer

Postby Brohg » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:40 am

Mobs in 69.1(Hard) triple for 1500s, unless you find a rogue class mob, then it flurries for 1500. A magician is not a good partner for this activity.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby wsbsteven » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:09 am

The debuff and vp3 method works well there. I just wish I had bane and shiss whatever to help with the damage. Adding my necro (66) halved my kill time and then adding a random lfg 70 necro helped me kill them before vp wore off. Took an hour or two break but finished the mission with 30min remaining, no shield.
Sabraaz, 70 Iksar Shaman
Tribunal Server

"And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of Man."
wsbsteven

Server: The Tribunal

Postby Balvazaar » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:00 pm

Balvazaar Whytelighter
Sun Tzu Council
Nameless
Balvazaar

Server: Nameless

Postby spartusnecro » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:54 am

Hello :)

66 Shaman on Quellious, Necro Main.

I solo this with my necro and am probably going to be putting the shammy in the mix (just got expansion for that account).

I'm on a lot for any of you on quellious. Just send Tomandny a tell. I enjoy these, even if the EXP wasn't incredible. It is the perfect Necro playground and seems like I'll enjoy it as a shammy also :)
spartusnecro

Server: Quellious

Postby SlopoxMS » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:24 pm

SlopoxMS

Postby Phatcow » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:23 pm

70 Soothsayer of Bristlebane
Phatcow

Server: Bristlebane

Postby stroudja » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:00 pm

stroudja

Ranger Main

Postby Phatcow » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:21 pm

Phatcow

Postby Phatcow » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:30 pm

Phatcow

VP

Postby Huurgh » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:10 pm

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Phatcow » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:23 pm

Phatcow

Postby Shiuna » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:17 pm

Shiuna

Postby Phatcow » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:14 am