[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Any soloing advice for a gimp shaman?

Any soloing advice for a gimp shaman?

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Any soloing advice for a gimp shaman?

Postby VildeorOgg » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:51 pm

Hey there. Been a long time lurker, and this site has really helped me make the comeback to everquest after a two year absence.

Here's my problem: I stopped playing right after GoD came out when I was level 58. Well Monster Missions and Double XP have gotten me to level 66, Canni V, VP, and alchemy mastery 1 (my main source of income right now is alchemy). Now, I knew the risks of doing mosnter missions, but figured I would be OK since I maxed out my vital skills because I would take my time leveling and did a lot of soloing in the mid levels.

Anyways, I would use the tactic of soloing that worked for me throughout my 30's and 50's which is, slow, sick, dogdog, stack dots to get aggro and tank. Obviously this doesn't work now. I've tried root-rotting with VP, but if it resists or I get an add, I am one dead shaman.

My question is where should a 66 shaman solo? I would like to focus more on making plat than xp. My gear is almost entirely frm the bazaar. Some Bazu peices and some Ornate Chain.
VildeorOgg

Server: Rathe

Postby Phatcow » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:42 pm

70 Soothsayer of Bristlebane
Phatcow

Server: Bristlebane

As I see it ...

Postby Velarius » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:02 pm

< Dai Shan >
"The Only Thing Nescessary for The Triumph of Evil, is for Good Men to Do Nothing ..."
- Edmund Burke
Velarius

Postby Macnair » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:37 pm

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby VildeorOgg » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:47 pm

Hey, been a while, my CPU was overheating from playing Everquest and leaving it on all night to sell potions.

Siren's Grotto is working great. Got my first stack of inks within 30 minutes along with a couple hundred plat. I also went over to WW and killed the efereet for the Sol Ro Alternat Acess quest.

Went to temple of Droga but got trained and fell in a pit on my way out.

Gonna try NC tonite.
VildeorOgg

Postby wsbsteven » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:14 am

Sabraaz, 70 Iksar Shaman
Tribunal Server

"And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of Man."
wsbsteven

Server: The Tribunal

Postby Phatcow » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:55 pm

Phatcow

Postby Tidykat » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:38 pm

Cazic Thule Server
Tidykat

Server: Cazic-Thule

Postby VildeorOgg » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:20 pm

VildeorOgg

Postby Ughbash » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:20 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Re: Any soloing advice for a gimp shaman?

Postby Scalia » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:33 pm

Tunare/E'ci: Scabon, 80 Shaman
Scalia

Server: Tunare (E'ci)

Shaman Main

Postby Oimmuk » Mon May 01, 2006 9:30 pm

I thik I have him out gimed, I just cant seem to solo anywhere and I always thought I was a good shammy. Some of these newer mods hit for a 4th of my hit points and 3 good shots plus a tap and I am looking at the magus in the GL...I could do with some advice myself.

here is my Magelo link...
Oimmuk

Server: Fennin Ro

Postby Macnair » Tue May 02, 2006 1:11 am

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Oimmuk » Tue May 02, 2006 8:25 am

Oimmuk

Server: Fennin Ro

Postby Phatcow » Tue May 02, 2006 12:14 pm

Phatcow

Ok I'm back!

Postby VildeorOgg » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:21 pm

Yeah so I took about 6 months off from EQ, but fired it up again this past weekend because I was so bored.

I have Prophecy of Ro, but didn't really play it too much and was wodnering if there was anything good to solo for a 66 shaman. I'm no longer in a guild so getting to SG for the inks is a bit of a hassle, but I gave Droga another shot and it was a lot better now that I was expecting that pit trap at the entrance. I also got me alot of goblin bloods and used them to make potions to skill up in alchemy.

And yeah, DoN crystals are dirt cheap and provide some good upgrades, but I acciedntally bought some Dawn Forged gear and never noticed the levle 70 requirement on them. Oh well, at least I have some decent armor upgrades when I hit 70.
VildeorOgg

Postby Taiha » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:11 am

Taiha

Postby Caythy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:04 pm

Shaman - the other chain wearing and spell casting melee.
Caythy

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing