[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - mage/shaman duo

mage/shaman duo

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

mage/shaman duo

Postby Foramorm » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:58 am

Foramorm

Server: Bristlebane

Postby Foramorm » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:01 am

Foramorm

Postby Ungkor » Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:35 am

I've never seen a pet that I couldn't pull aggro off within a few seconds. You might be better served to use the root pet or just tank it yourself. Of course, I've never duo'd with a mage with the intention of the pet tanking, so others might have better insight into how that works.

I think you'd probably get your spells faster just grouping in the wos cubby (5 way) or mpg blind/task or riftseekers statue camp.

This is a recent thread about farming 69-70 spells
http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?t=2525

How I got my zerker oow runes was to box him out of group. Your shaman will get invited pretty easy, and just bring the mage along and nuke out of group.

If you play at odd hours/prefer to solo, I'd probably look into nobles causeway or rcod named. There are tons of threads about those places. Just search here, or go to everquest.allakhazam.com and item search for 'muramite rune' and look over the list of named that drop them in rcod/nobles.

Other option is going to DoD for runes. But I've never done that, but I know there are some threads on DoD runes around the forum.

Ungkor

Postby Krisia » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:45 pm

Andune Darkembers - 70 Magician
Krisia Darkpaw - 65 Shaman
Adaiah Silvermoon - 65 Paladin
Krisia

Server: Tribunal

Postby Andurel » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:52 am

Andurel Spiritkeeper
Tunare Server
Andurel

Server: Tunare

Postby Ughbash » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:31 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Foramorm » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:45 am

Foramorm

Postby Frogtor » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:16 am

I have a 56 mage that i have beening lvl up so i can box with my shaman. As of right now what would be the best pet to use? i have heard earth,water, Air. I have been really usaing Air and water. And at the higher lvls what would be the best to use?
Frogtor

Server: The Rathe

Postby Foramorm » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:11 pm

Foramorm

Postby ndaara » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:27 pm

water is only best DPS when it is ALWAYS behind.

air is a good default choice if you aren't sure. it can offtank adds easily, especially once they are slowed, and makes a good tank all the way through if you want to play pet cleric and not tank with your shaman.

earth pet has the most HP but lower AC, but those extra HP can help a lot depending what you're doing.

try each one to see which works best for your style. even with a regular tank, some days it's just not worth using a water pet and positioning it every time. if we're staying put, it's a lot easier, i can park the pet somewhere and the tank will keep them behind all the time. otherwise, it's more work than i personally want to do. when we need an offtank. water doesn't do that job very well, in my experience.

current mage forum is

mages like to parse things and stuff, you can find much more detailed info on pets (and everything else magely) there.
ndaara

Magician Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Frogtor » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:52 pm

Sweet Ty
Frogtor

Server: The Rathe

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing