[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Future 3 box help

Future 3 box help

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Future 3 box help

Postby Thexner » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:00 pm

Currently in the growing mode of my 55lvl shammy. I love the class and am taking it fairly slow, just to get to know the quirks and different things a shammy can do. I decided to make him do to the fact, at this point in time, I am not able to raid with my 70 ranger do to time restrictions on playing time (In guild which allows me to jump in every so often). I am practicing 2 boxing and am getting pretty good at it.

Since I love eq and want to keep playing Im thinking of adding a 3rd account. I will be having 2 accounts on 1 pc and the 3rd on another. My ranger is 11k buffed with my lvl 55 shammy spells, so he if fairly decent. My question is What is a good 3rd class to add to this account to allow me to solo some of the harder stuff. Want to get feel before I go and load up another account key.
Thexner

Postby Grendalkhan » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:13 pm

Most people will say cleric, but I disagree here.

I run a shaman and ranger. When I loaded a third, it was a mage for the extra DPS. But I would actually go with a druid instead. You get heavier healing when you need it but you also get good dps (druids and mages have similar nukes, aside from bolts).
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=586374">Teesa Zjoquor</a>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=453758">GrendalKhan Rose</a> (Retired)

"The general shaman consensus, however, is that the lead spell designer is so wedded to his self-delusional notions of godhood, that he refuses to admit any error unless someone up the food chain from him stuffs a change down his throat."-Chutoi Dogslobber
Grendalkhan

Postby Ungkor » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:36 am

Ungkor

Postby Veril » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:29 am

Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Beafly » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:48 am

85 Webmaster of
Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Postby Kamion » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:05 am

Kamion

Warrior Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Thexner » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:40 pm

Thanks for everything so far and keep the ideas coming. I have goods/bads for the different combos I thought of, but everbody hasdifferent opinions and I like to make a smart decision, so the ideas have been good.

Some questions asked are what am I looking to solo with my little group? Not quite sure to tell you the truth. My game play now mostly consists of soloing new areas or grouping if someone in guild needs it. I dont play for the gear upgrades but the challange of different encounters (gear usually comes with it).

DPS/extra Heal might be on top now. I do like the thought of Druid.
SK also is a good idea. Like the thought of Ranger, SK with Pet, Shaman with Pet.

Have to keep in mind when helping, mostly going to be Bazaar equipped for Shammy and 3rd. May have a few Qvic/Time raid type pieces here and there when I am on with guild.
Thexner

Postby Grendalkhan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:22 pm

Getting a SK for a gimp SK pet is a horrible idea. When 3 boxing, playing more then 1 melee is a litearal pain in the ass. SK pet DPS is the one pet behind the shaman dog on the pet ladder. Managing 2 pets is also a hassle. As to pet pulling, the shaman can do it also (all it takes is a low level pet and /pet hold AA).

Clerics are nice, but i think druids would compliment your trio more.

When forming a self sufficient group (which your doing), you should look at what role each class serves and look at the overlapping of the classes. This includes both their active role and their buffs. SKs and Rangers overlap a lot in their roles. Clerics and druids overlap somewhat. Enchanters and Shaman over somewhat in the buff area.
Grendalkhan

Postby Fenier » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:45 pm

A Druid gives extra Mana Regen to both Shaman and Ranger. You get added bonus of Teleports and decent dps when extra healing is not required.

You also get bonuses to attack reduction, which can make a huge difference in what your ranger can and can not tank.

If your able to do the spell arcs, you also get access to Reptile.
Fenier

Server: Cazic-Thule

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Thexner » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:17 pm

Thexner

Postby Fenier » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:23 pm

Fenier

Server: Cazic-Thule

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Thexner » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:17 pm

Thexner

Postby Halamdar » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:52 am

Halamdar

Server: Tunare

Shaman Main

Postby Foramorm » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:02 am

I currently box a mage/shaman. I really enjoy it. CotH is hella nice, and the pet is a panther machine.
Foramorm

Server: Bristlebane

Postby Gaven » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:51 am

Gaven

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing