[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - 2-boxing advice

2-boxing advice

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

2-boxing advice

Postby nfef » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:51 am

I'm going to be buying a 2nd account soon and creating a shaman on it to box in the future with my main (monk).

The advice I need is suggestions on what class to create on my main account to box with the shaman as I level him up. I figure if i'm leveling a new char to box later I might as well box something now and level up two at the same time. Monk/Shaman is the best combination in my mind, but I already have the monk so.. where to go from here? Thinking SK but not really sure if I want a tank or not.. and seems to me SK/Shaman is lacking on the dps.

Any help is appreciated.
nfef

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Zillanex » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:26 am

How about a pet class like mage or necro?

Mages can do rather nice dps and the summons can be handy, with a necro fear kiting is an option and the dps can be rather nice
as well, you also get undead slow/charm and the ability to mez mobs even though very short duration, necro also adds snare which
helps a ton in many places for example sebilis where a sowed frog can turn a corner in no time and a nice train is about to happen :)

My current favorite pl toon is a druid, has it all more or less, good healing, snare, ports, ds, regen and various other buffs.
Zillanex

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby Scowls » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:44 am

mage or bard is what i like with my shaman. but in truth shaman compliment pretty much every class very well, and can draw from nearly every other class's strengths. Mage pets/nukes are great tank/dps. bard regen/ds/dot focus make shaman shaman even more efficient. rogue/monk/ranger/zerker offer snares/mad dps, decent tanking if/when needed. SK are a common 2 box, snare and fd pulling and a solid tank. pallies and warriors are good, but not as good as a SK. necro snare/dots make work well for obvious reasons. cleric isnt a bad choice, atleast you have buffs and rezzes for your shaman later on. chanter works, but not the greatest. so yeah, pretty much pick any class you want, you should really learn your shaman well leveling them with another equal level toon, instead of PLing him to 70 in a week.

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby Klako » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:48 am

Hey all, been reading the forums here for years, but this is my first post.

Anyway, I have almost the same exact situation. Main is a WAR, and made a shammy to two box. I went with a Mag for a leveling partner and have to agree that that was a great choice. The Mags pets and nukes take down mobs fast, and are nearly unstopable with shammy buffs. I got to lvl 30 with them in a about a week, and I am only a casual player. Anyway, the Mag is still stuck in the 50's some where because the SHM started grouping with the WAR as soon as he could get exp. I still play the MAG when I am burned out and feel like soloing. Also, I was camping some items in Bloodfields, and tried the MAG/SHM after I used the SHM/WAR to break the rooms, and the 2 pets would easily tank/kill the trash and named before repops. That was back in the Luitienent (spelling) room. They are a fun class to play together IMO.

*Just a side note, and kinda a funny story, I made the MAG and of course did not guild him, and ran into another MAG one day and we instantly became friends. We leveled together for about a month beofre we started talking about mains. We'll turns out that not only do we know each other from our mains, but we are also good friends, and officers together in the same guild :lol: . Just goes to show, its not the toons that you are playing with, but the peeps behind the glass.
Officer - Caotic Mayhem
"Bring it On"
Klako

Server: Drinal

Postby frott » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:44 am

AKA Dyspare Unia (due to GM name change)
55 Shaman
Drinal
frott

Server: Drinal

Postby Kneesmasher » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:59 am

Kneesmasher

Postby Kaisung » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:11 am

Bolverkr 91 Ranger
Kaisung 91 Shaman
Kaisung

Server: 7th Hammer

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Beafly » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:15 am

85 Webmaster of
Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Postby Scowls » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:27 pm

great place for more info
Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby St_HotPants » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:40 pm

If you are eventually going to set one part of the 2box aside when your shaman reaches a level high enough to group with your monk, then I would go with (in order of my preference): Mage -> Necro -> Bard
St_HotPants

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Beafly » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:52 pm

Food for thought...

I used to duo with a Mage quite alot. We were a fantastic exp duo. Much much faster than duoing with my warrior for a long long time. Then there came a time when Jabober just couldn't take the pounding as efficiently as a true tank. Then the warrior becomes faster. Not because I was killing faster, but because I was tackling content that was higher risk and higher reward. I think that occured about when I was able to 2-box Riftseekers with my warrior safely. I still enjoy duoing with a mage, they are fun partners, but having a true tank by my side at all times means that when the mage is around we kill fast, but when he's not around, we're still killing and not sitting around looking for a tank.
Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Postby KB » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:03 pm

KB

Server: Nameless/Inny

Postby nfef » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:58 pm

nfef

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing