[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Monk/Shaman rock your face

Monk/Shaman rock your face

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Monk/Shaman rock your face

Postby ophidion » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:06 am

"I am your brain damaged brother that you never knew. Call me today or I'll kill somebody."
[NO VIDEO GAMES FOR OIL]
ophidion

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starpyre is Trash)

Postby Cabe » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:02 am

Cabe

Server: AB

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Cronikk » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:38 am

Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby St_HotPants » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:44 pm

Nightblade <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=746279">Polarkin</a><br>Heyokah <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1268084">Tsel</a><br><a href="http://sacredfyre.com">Sacred Fyre</a> on Fennin Ro
St_HotPants

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Beafly » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:43 pm

85 Webmaster of
Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Postby Ughbash » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:41 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby ophidion » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:50 am

ophidion

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starpyre is Trash)

Postby Idracab » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:48 pm

I'd have to vote for Shadowknights as the best duo class. With a monk you can't go full bore dps on the shaman. With SKs you have immediate and rock solid aggro. Plus SKs are better pullers in the majority of cases (in my opinion - having played both a monk and an SK, I prefer to pull with my SK by far ... even against casters). Plus you can break out the pet pull if you really need. ;)

Anyway, SKs bring a bunch more to the table then monks, imo. Guaranteed snare is always nice to have, plus the mana + hp bite can add up in the long run. And while a monk is definitely more dps then an SK ... an SK + pet = 2 sets of spirit procs instead of 1, which brings the dps gap a bit closer (though still pretty far apart). But when you take into account that the shaman can pick up some of the dps slack, that the SK has a lot of self lifetaps that can be extended with AAs, yadda yadda yadda.

So I take your RMS method (risk management system?) and raise you 1 SK plus a skelly pet. ;)
Idracab

Postby excolo » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:01 pm

excolo

Server: tunare

monk shaman

Postby goloka » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:02 pm

Personally i'm partial to monk/shaman combo (i 3 boxed monk/shm/clr) I stopped playing before DoN came out.

I love monk - because it is monky... it is really about what you want to achieve.... WHAT YOU WANT TO DO?...

If you love to kill exp mobs I would choose anyday - monk+shaman
If I want to tackle tough mobs - I added cleric in my combo and loved it as well. I was able to do touch mobs alone...
If I want insane exp. I made chanter+ bard and added to my monk+cleric combo. Chanter charms pet. Bards sings mezz song on pet all the time. Monk pulls and tanks mobs - and chanter's pet tearing them apart....

I recall doing God missions with this combo for augs and exp, flagging people. was lots of fun. I was never bored.

if I ever have to redo it - I would probabaly choose shaman/sk/cleric. Because i personally get fun tackling tough mobs, ex-raid mobs. and SK woudl be better tank than monk - and better agro keeper. Yes i was not able to dot heavily with shaman because of agro...
goloka

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing