[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Ok, quick question

Ok, quick question

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Ok, quick question

Postby Rorinu » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:35 pm

Rorinu

Server: Luclin/Veeshan

Postby Beafly » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:52 pm

85 Webmaster of
Beafly

Veteran -

Server: Tunare

Postby Ungkor » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:25 pm

Ungkor

Postby Rorinu » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:40 pm

Rorinu

Postby Macnair » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:12 pm

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:30 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Grokii » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:00 pm

Heyokah Grokii
Iksar Shaman of the 75th Season

The Seventh Hammer

"Pass the salt, eating myself for mana. /BURP"
Grokii

Server: The Seventh Hammer

Postby Rorinu » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:46 pm

Nah I don't expect to be a tank
just want to be able to take hits when solo-ing
my defense hasnt gone up for a long time now, its at 200, offence is the same
I just hit 50 in Nurga, but I don't plan to go back (mobs dispel the ds potions I made, and I am low on cash atm)
I don't remember where I took my enc at this level, is there any place I can solo, that has harder mobs that I could use the dru the PL me also? I don't have access to the dru all the time cuz its my dads and hes on usually from 6-11 PST

Thanks,
Rorinu
Rorinu

Postby Ungkor » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:15 am

Powerlevel with the druid DS like I suggested, then just /duel a blue con player pet (still works right?).

But in general, I wouldn't worry too much about raising skills when leveling. Get those levels and the skills will just come over time on their own. You'll also have access to better gear faster at higher levels, and high level spells and high level gear = many times the power of our defense skills.

Alot of shaman tanking power when solo'ing comes from our HoTs. You won't really see the full strength until you get Quiessence+ level hots. We don't so much mitigate/dodge as we battle heal. If my hot can't keep up with the damage, I basically don't consider that mob to be something I can solo (yada yada, of course I could, but I mark it down in 'my book' as dangerous).
Ungkor

Postby Rorinu » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:42 pm

Ok, I'll try that
but one thing, the dru's not that 'uberly' geard (cheap baz stuff) so it can't take as many hits as it can while I'm playing my lil necro alt, any safe places I can take him?
Rorinu

Postby Ungkor » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:02 pm

Oh.. bazaar level gear. Ok, you could always find a place to charm animals with a druid. Its been a long time, but I recall PoStorms frogs, werewolves in PoNightmare. Like if in PoN, head to the werewolves, and single pull a wolf with the druid. Make sure the pet is snared. Buff the pet with haste/ds, get another wolf and make sure its snared also. Attack with the pet. Let the shaman dot/nuke, as well as the druid on the uncharmed one. Keep killing wolves till the pet gets low life (think maybe 3-4). At that point, change your charm pet out for a new one, by invising to break charm, rooting the old and getting a new one. You could slow the mobs and heal the pet, but its much slower exp that way.

Or, way 3, just find non summoning mobs, like flies in PoDisease near the zone in, and have both the druid and shaman root / dot.
Or, way 4, look for a tank lfg and make you've got a slower, healer, tank group and can take on anything then.

I'd do your best to find places in the planes, because most the planes have a 5% experience bonus if I recall. You could try the hotzones, veksar I think, but its kinda annoying to get to, its cramped, and you really don't have any indoor pulling power.
Ungkor

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing