[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Skylance library help

Skylance library help

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Skylance library help

Postby Robobuff » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:24 pm

Robobuff

Postby Stephen51 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:30 am

Its been a while but;
1. Kill trash
2. Engage boss 1 (the one that pops books as a % of his health is reached, 75%, 50% etc.
3. MT stays on Boss, group burns books as they pop.
4. Kill trash
5. Engage boss 2.
6. Enchanter mezzes the books as they pop (these spawns are timed as opposed to % of health).The rest of group burn boss.
7. On death of boss, succour or deal with each book separately if no porter.

Obviously that’s a concise version. As for the strange things happening, it never happened to us but we do Skylance 3 quite often for the aug drop and every now and then a mob has popped randomly. My only guess is this is a bug and should be reported.

Cannot guess on why your chanter is getting summoned though. Maybe just don’t FD on 1st book.
Stephen51

Server: Druzzil Ro

Postby Ticka » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Trash is on a normal repop timer. My tactic in this mission is this:

Run in, jump to the bottom, hail the historian, and click out. If you had aggro during that, zone out and lose it. Come back in, click in, clear the ring trash as needed, then both ramps. The CC I bring is usually top-notch, unless I pick someone off LFG about 30% of the time they can't handle the books. Kill the right mob first that pops books as he dies, I usually just have chanter mez them (AE or otherwise) while burning the boss, then kill the books quick. Loot the crest, jump down, click out and take a breather.

Click back in and reclear as needed around the ring and both ramps. Engage the left boss with tank getting initial aggro, as I remember this mob has 2 aspects, first is that he casts a knockback onto a shelf and you have to fall down, and run back up the ramp. If your tank gets hit with the spell, he just gets re-summoned. This boss as I know it also pops mobs as he dies in the ring, long with the normal repops? I'm not sure. Burn the boss, loot the other crest, jump down and click out.

Whomever looted the crests can just do a run up the back ramp, hand in the items and run out while he has aggro since pathing is funky.

Give Ao the Codex and you're done.

I don't know where these new mobs are popping from.

Was your chanter casting rune? Or does the SK play the chanter as well?

Edit: I need to learn to read fully.
Ticka

Server: Seventh Hammer

Postby Robobuff » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:20 pm

Robobuff

Postby phatteydump » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:20 am

As far as i recall, the books only popped every 20% of health. We killed down 20% then switched and killed book. You can do it away from main mob since hes permarooted, and i dun recall him summoning. After book goes down, do another 20% to main mob, rinse and repeat. The other guy that summons bookworms, we just burned down, looted and clicked out before adds got insane, ran back in, bard da'd and did hand in. Thats just what i remember from way back when i finished this one.
~Phats
phatteydump

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Robobuff » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:47 am

Robobuff

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing