[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Root Rotting help

Root Rotting help

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Root Rotting help

Postby Bulce » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:08 pm

Hi eveyone,

I'm a 68 Shammy, and up until around 66-67 I always solo'd with my pet tanking with leopard, and me handling the slows, heals.

I read up on the aspect of root rotting, since in TSS and PoR zones, I have a heard time keeping the dog healed at times.
I started with the crowned mambas and timber lizards in The Steppes, and it went well, just seems slow going.

I have a Burning Affliction V aug, and will root with either VP2 (3 on the way), Greater Immobilize (fast casting) or Petrifying Earth (longer duration)
I have the dog up and ready to take a hit or two if needed.

I have been pulling with Balance of the Nihil, as I can generally take a hit or so and still get root off.
I pull the pet off after root sticks, and proceed to lay down the DoTs:
I use Bane, Blood of Saryn, Breath of Wunshi, Breath of Uthor, and Epic 1.0.

I keep all DoTs running, and keep the mob slowed / rooted.

I have about a 6k mana pool, 7k hps with Viction.

Is it normal for mobs to take 3-5 minutes to drop? I use damn near all my mana it seems. Is there something different I should be doing? Am I not using enough DoT's? Should i be using Bane of Nife and others that have initial DD?

I would like to root rot the Supply Runners in Relic, as they are even cons or so, plus I need them for my quest.

Any advice would be great!

[edit] - updated Magelo - it's still not 100%, as I have a few augs and such not in their database yet, but it's pretty close
Here's EQ player's link, if it helps: http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/chara ... 8475319010
Last edited by Bulce on Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bulce

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby XeroOmega » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:41 pm

well, rootrotting has always been safer, but more time-consuming, try to get a better focus for your DoTs, instead of BA5, look for a higher poison/magic focus. your magelo doesn't list any AAs, so go for crit DoT AAs if you plan on using your DoTs for DPS.

try and pick up your 66-70 spells if possible, they'll be a considerable boost to power without the DD to break root.

after a new focus and some AAs, your rootrotting will get considerably faster. 3-5 is normal for that level of focus. once you get better you'll cut down your time to 2-3 mins. its safe solo EXP, but going the safe way doesn't mean its going to be the fastest way.

Guardians of the Keep
Drinal
XeroOmega

Server: Drinal

Shaman Main

Postby Cattywumpus » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:08 am

Cattywumpus

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:19 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:40 am

Try to get an extended duration focus for your dots, mask from fear MPG trial is very nice, that helps a lot.

Doh
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Kilgaroz » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:23 am

Kilgaroz

Server: Saryrn

Bard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby dementhos » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:44 am

dementhos

Postby Bulce » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:30 pm

Bulce

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Ubundi » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:37 am

Yep, the Ornate pants are one of the best clickies we have. Keep a look out for the patterns in the bazaar. Some people still farm the zone for these. Its worth the cost. Same goes for the chest if you see it. Casts swift like the wind ( still our best haste).
Ubundi

Server: Prexus

Postby Ughbash » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:43 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Ubundi » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:58 pm

Ubundi

Server: Prexus