[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - How to PL a Wizard?

How to PL a Wizard?

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

How to PL a Wizard?

Postby Greeznok » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:50 pm

I was considering trying to PL my 56 wizard up a few more levels (60'ish) so that I have access tot he higher lvl port spells.

Has anyone PL'd a wizard before? I am not sure how to make it work best, my only guess at the moment is to hunt in GE, try to hold aggro on a mob, let the DS potions/spells work on it as well as the pet and try to nuke as much as I can with wiz without dieing?

Any suggestions/strats are greatly appreciated.

Shaman Magelo: http://eq.testmagelo.com/profile/1133446

Wizard Magelo: http://eq.testmagelo.com/profile/446957
Greeznok

Server: Xegony/Zebuxoruk

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Occam » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:24 pm

At level 51 and higher, you can group with him and he will get exp from kills.

For my shaman, I did the DS stuff, but once he hit 51 I just grouped with him. For 51-61 or 62, I dropped him and my pally down the Hole, parked him in a safe spot, and just went to town on one of the castles with my Pally (WoT ftw). That went by really quick. After that, I didn't focus on PLing so much, and just went about my business. Soloing in Direwind worked out pretty well (actually duoing, even though all he did was toss slow and cripple), but even just having him there while I did random stuff added up. I would camp his Anguish signets, BoT key parts, epic 1.0 and 1.5 pieces, etc.

I discovered RS is rather nice exp while camping his signet there...I think that will be my box exp spot from now on. Just started a cleric bot, so I get to do this all over again.

Paladin is 75 (Magelo down below)
Shaman is now 69
Cleric is a whopping 9 :P

I haven't soloed much of anything with my Shaman, so I'm not really up to speed on what you can solo, but that would be my suggestion. Just group with him and go solo (and drop some nukes with Wizard while you're at it).
Occam

Server: Felwithe, Faydwer (Xegony)

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Greeznok » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:11 pm

Well my first attempt was in GE, so far I am not very enthused :(

1. Even with magmaskin and potion DS, the kills are slow on DS.
2. Trying to speed up the kills by nuking a bit harder draws aggro to the wiz
3. Letting fido attack/taunt and trying to out damage him and the DS was working, but balancing aggro makes it risky as to whether the wiz would get exp or not.
4. Grouped up, with me/pet going full offensive let the wiz nuke fine, kills were quick, but with the recent changes to /con and the way exp works with low lvl mobs means no plowing through greenies anymroe, he only gets about 1% per kill, I get a fraction of aa while doing this way too.

Guess I need to try mobs that are higher level and see how it works next.
Greeznok

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:11 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:02 pm

Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Greeznok » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:59 am

Greeznok

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Maccuul » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:21 am

Maccuul

Server: Fennin Ro

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Greeznok » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:41 am

Greeznok

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby shamy60 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:38 am

i pwled a chanter to lv 62 and 26 aa (to max extended duation buffs) in 22 hours.(didn t know G-ends was that good).
i did a lot better with a monk.lv 62 and 36 aa (to max faster FD aa).....in 6 hours and 45 min :lol:
i had bring my monk in griegs ends when he was lv 39,XP was AWSOME.
i was pulling 15 to 20 mobs on me (shaman lv 75 14300 hp and 2450 ac raid buffed),i had my druid in zone to cast on me the damage shield (lv 72 druid)when it faded..i had 129 damage shield on me,with ds potion (they tend to sometime dispell the DS potions (sometime i need to cast from 1 to 4 on a big pull)..........

U need to cast lassitude on you and cast idol of malo(s) if u pwling a caster,or let him hit all mobs at least one damage (easy for a melee class tho) :)
with my monk i was able to keep all the agro with lassitude,i was even sitting sometime to let them hit me easier (with hot heal on me).epic,aa heal ect.
i can tell u at lv 39+ they(alts) getting very good xp ,around 7% per kill...x15 to 20 from a pull :roll:

PS: one or 2 times i nearly died from a big pull,but the pathing in there is not great and can let you recover pretty easy if needed :wink:

i checked your magelo and u may not be able to pull that much,but you should be able to get better xp in griegs ends than other zones from your lv 56 wizzy,because the mobs have low hp....until you hit like lv 62+........
=========================================================================================================
well it's still not that easy : you still need to cast Halcyon (our best HOT) and got it all time on you and spot heal here and there..
i had lingering sloth until my monk hitted lv 51 or so,(where i got him 30aa,at 8%or so per kill,at 100%in the aa ),,,(then i had enough ORUX,and faction to buy lassitude rank 2).
with lassitude i was able to pull more mobs on me........

OH, BTW, my monk don't have LOTD ,can't have it because he is my 8th char and all the veteran rewards already ben taken :cry:
Last edited by shamy60 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shamy60

Server: RATHE

Postby Greeznok » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Hehe, yeah I definately could not handle that many, I died once after pulling 5 or 6 at once and not being able to channel off heals, and the slows on them.

With that Lassitude spell, it owuld be pretty ncie indeed.
Greeznok

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Thorzion » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:23 pm

The fastest way Ive found to PL a caster that has AE's is having a tank that can manage having about 30 or 40 mobs beating on it, some way to heal said tank and the caster.

I actually have just had some experience with doing just that this weekend. the tank was my buddies 75 SK, my 66 shaman and my brand new level 5 drakkin paladin. I had to wait till levle 5 to start because the breath attack AE isnt attainable till level 5. Started in warrens. Grabbed as big a train as I could get following me, wedged myself into a corner with back to mobs. Drakkin let loose with single AE, then I activated all the DS on the SK. 2 pulls later he was level 12. Then onto Paladual caverns. Rinse and repeat. Took about an hour to get him from 12 to 20, and thats cause I had to wait 5 minutes for the breath attack to refresh every time. At 20, to Unrest, then at 30 to City of Mist.

City of Mist was MADE for PLing in this fashion. I went from level 30 to level 48 in about an hour using Lesson of the Devoted (camping the pally immediately as the last mob died and leaving him out till the next group came in. Running the same bit in CoM as soon as I get his skills up a bit; Pling makes the boring parts of EQ faster, but I still have to spend a few hours sitting and casting spells to raise skills. I figure his defensive skills are about 10-15% behind where they should be, but a level straight tanking will fix that.
Thorzion

Postby Mukshaak » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:41 am

Mukshaak

Server: AB (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby ThraallFV » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:38 pm

Thraall
Firiona Vie
ThraallFV

Server: Firiona Vie

Shaman Main

Postby Ughbash » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:47 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby GombaahSH » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:40 pm

GombaahSH

Postby Ridden » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:49 am

Bards aren't bad either. I get 171 DS from 2 songs alone which stacks with ds buffs.. ;) If you can handle the trains, ae fear brings a lot of mobs fast too lol.

and
Ridden

Server: Bert/TP

Postby Veril » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:30 am

Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Occam » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:14 am

Occam