[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Do shaman solo better than necros?

Do shaman solo better than necros?

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Do shaman solo better than necros?

Postby Lathdrinor » Mon May 21, 2007 3:41 pm

Lathdrinor

Server: Test

Postby Galelor » Mon May 21, 2007 3:57 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Lathdrinor » Mon May 21, 2007 6:41 pm

Last edited by Lathdrinor on Mon May 21, 2007 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lathdrinor

Postby Shinerbokk » Mon May 21, 2007 6:49 pm

{75 Spiritwatcher} ~~
Battle Shaman of Vallon Zek
Shinerbokk

Server: Zek

Shaman Main

Postby Kianor » Tue May 22, 2007 4:41 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby Grauw » Tue May 22, 2007 7:40 am

Grauw

Postby Kianor » Tue May 22, 2007 8:08 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Mukshaak » Tue May 22, 2007 8:48 am

Mukshaak

Server: AB (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Whitman » Tue May 22, 2007 9:00 am

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
~Voltaire
Whitman

Ranger Main

Postby Kianor » Tue May 22, 2007 9:06 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Kneesmasher » Tue May 22, 2007 9:53 am

Kneesmasher

Postby Sadinna » Tue May 22, 2007 10:10 am

Sadinna

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Lathdrinor » Tue May 22, 2007 2:42 pm

Lathdrinor

Postby Kruzar » Tue May 22, 2007 3:30 pm

Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Tue May 22, 2007 4:33 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Kianor » Tue May 22, 2007 5:39 pm

Kianor

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Mukshaak » Wed May 23, 2007 12:30 pm

Mukshaak

Server: AB (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Thyrm Jarlson » Wed May 23, 2007 4:53 pm

I play on Test now as well and gear and xp gain isn't your only concern. My shaman went without a lot of PoP and OoW spells due to lack of availability of groups in the appropriate zones and the non-existant bazaar. My gear isn't too bad, but I am still sporting a few of the level 45 TSS quest pieces from Goru'kar Mesa and could use some hit point upgrades and Focus gear. FT and Regen really isn't hard to come by anymore, even on Test, I am maxed out in both (helps that I have Fabled Fungi and the 2 TSS Valdeholm quest bracers). My shaman is currently 73 and there are still quite a few 60-70 spells that I am missing and would like to have.
Root-dotting is more difficult as the only non-DD dots I have are disease, I am still missing the poisons. Tanking in the face is almost impossible in TSS as the mobs hit really hard, so I end up only tanking old world mobs. Luckily, I have a necro friend and we kite a lot, so the spell situation doesn't hurt there as much. As you know, grouping is pretty scarce on Test, but when I do get groups, my spells are fine. Especially since the RK1 spells for 71+ are vendor buyable. His gear is worse than mine.
My necro friend started a bit before I did. He was around 60 when he talked me into going to Test. To give an example of the speed of necro kiting xp, he is 75 with over 400 aa and I'm only at 73. I stopped here for Canni 5, CoTW, and am working Pet Affinity for group panther, then I think it's on to 75 since we can kite TSS bears and spiders pretty well in Icefall. Without the necro, I would be going alot slower and it would be difficult with the spells I had/have available.
Still working on gear, I'm at 4500 hp and 1200 AC unbuffed. 37 aa.
of Unbroken Legion
Thyrm Jarlson

Server: Test Server

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Lathdrinor » Thu May 24, 2007 4:02 pm

Ya, from all I've heard necros kite really well. In fact if I ever make a second char it'll prob be a necro since it's so easy to get them up the levels and AAs (or maybe a mage, since like Muk said they're quite the monster even without good gear). But the thing is for my main I'm not that worried about leveling speed, as I'm not in a hurry to get to 75 or 1000+ AA's. I like to take my time and find that I'm more willing to play a character if I'm inspired by all the cool things I'd be able to do once I get to the end, even if that end is really far away. After all, if I'm going to spend a year or two playing a character, it had better be a character I'm happy with at the end :) In that respect I guess necros aren't as good of a choice since I haven't seen any big posts about necros soloing old raid mobs like that big thread on this board. :)

Anyways thanks for the tips and I'll give you a holler if I ever see you on Test, and yeah I do agree that spells are really hard to come by :(
Lathdrinor

Postby Galelor » Thu May 24, 2007 5:09 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Oyvay » Thu May 24, 2007 5:46 pm

Oyvay

Bard Main