[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Should I even box at all?

Should I even box at all?

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Should I even box at all?

Postby Cabe » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:03 pm

Hey shaman,

I'm just coming back to the game after 8 months and I'm still feeling stuff out. Cabe has been my main for a long long time, but before i was a monk. I server transfered my monk over about a year ago i think, and he was 61 and in all end-game gear at the time. Meaning Ntov, Luclin stuff hah. Anyways, I did put some work into him and he's 68 now, while cabe is 70. Both are pretty low on AA, but the monk is far behind it seems like with gear.

Here's his magelo, mines in the sig: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1292632

That said, I'm curious if i should even bother bringing him up with me. My playtime will be casual, but my goal is to max levels and AA, and get the best groupable stuff i can get. All my friends are gone now, and im unguilded, so its pretty much me vs EQ. ( I usually lose. :) )

My worry is that it will take forever to get him up to par. He can hardly tank anything I can xp on at this point, let alone things to help me gear up. With the new expansions out, what am I looking at to get him up to par with the content i want to do in the new zones? Just to give an idea he can comfortably tank the field area in WoS, but nothing on the otherside of the zone without alot of headache. The path I can can foresee at this point is WoS till 70, Arcstone for AA and some gear. Then on to some TSS stuff as we make our way to 75??

On the other hand, it would be really easy to just pick up with cabe and get back up to the curve solo and getting groups and what-not. So i guess my question is; Considering his gear and AA, do you guys think it would be worth all the effort later on in the game to bring him with me? As you can see by the magelos, alot of effort over the years were put into both characters, and each has alot of sentimental value. lol Thats why the decision is hard for me, cause it kills me to leave one behind.

So, any insight from you guys on the benifits of boxing or not boxing would be appretiated.

Thanks shamans,

Cabe

Server: AB

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby myrmidonlord666 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:51 pm

myrmidonlord666

Postby Cabe » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:13 pm

First, thanks for the well thought out post. You are correct in the assupmtion, that if i do decide to play both, they will both be equals. Both mains. I leveled them up on seperate servers, so i dont see either one as a twink or bot, hehe. :)

The thought of deleveling really makes me cringe ofcource, but regardless its a good idea. He's not even halfway through yet. Plus I'm pretty confident he can pretty much wreck those mobs. The fabled staff is pretty nice, but im still curious if my ol' Ntov weapon and primal out dmg it. The dps is all over the board with that thing because its so slow. You miss a few times or get low hits and the dps crashes. Its still probably better anyways. Thats exactly what i was looking for though, something to give me a head start thats not so intensive. For instance, i can duo the named in arcstone now, but its difficult and I really need to tax cabe out. <3 cabe :) Theres gotta be a viable alternative somewhere though, without deleveling. Point being I need to stay where im at and get some defensive AA, yes?

Keeping him ungrouped would deffinatly help speed up the process, but as you said later he's gonna need those healing AA. Those can probably wait untill monk is ready to turn on the xp again i guess eh? Your advice about LFG while powerleveling his AA should help me bang the healing ones out pretty quick.

If i do decide to do it in the end, I'm gonna have alot of fun pushing this duo's limit. :)

Thanks for the advice!
Cabe

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby myrmidonlord666 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:24 pm

myrmidonlord666

Postby Cabe » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:50 am

Cabe

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box