[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Shaman Duo Partner - Non-Tanking

Shaman Duo Partner - Non-Tanking

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Shaman Duo Partner - Non-Tanking

Postby Samanna » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:18 am

NOTE: Split from topic deciding what Tanking-type partner is best to duo with a Shaman. at http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?t=3839

I've decided to box a Necromancer with my Shaman, for two reasons:

1. Less gear dependence - with a tank (of whatever variety), I'd have to put a lot of effort into gear as well as AAs.

2. Less maintenance - most tank/healer setups have the majority of attention on the tank. I should be able to pull with Necro when needed, but otherwise just throw some dots on to speed up root-rotting.
Last edited by Samanna on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Valdemar » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:34 am

Hates bad grammas too!

Sams, I think the SHM, NEC duo is probably the strongest duo possible. Depending on how successful you are at getting a focus for your NEC, his/her pet could act as your tank for some pretty mean mobs. Since you are exceptionally well-geared, you could tank also. For me, I'm doomed to forever live in the shadow of EQ greatness so I need a tank in front of me.

Regards and Salute.
Valdemar

Server: Saryrn

Best Partner for a shm

Postby Huurgh » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:37 am

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:12 pm

My main goal is to have a backup option for times when I will need to afk now and then during an XP session, or when I want to do some old quests that I never got around to finishing - like DoD face clicky, GoD neck/waist quest, maybe even re-start BiC again. Heck, I have TBS hand aug on hold, because soloing the bits is a pita.

Not to slight any other class, but I don't want my "alt" to become more time consuming than my main. I understand that this means I won't get the full potential of the second toon, but I just want to supplement Samanna, to help get me over the hump of stuff I can almost do right now. I still prefer to be part of a group when possible.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Lathdrinor » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:00 pm

IMO necro is the right choice in that case. Mages are even less gear dependent (just get the level 76 pet, a pet focus item, and go), but doesn't really supplement the shaman class, since the preferred method for shaman exp soloing is root rotting and mages offer nothing for that.
Lathdrinor

Server: Test

Postby Valdemar » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:53 am

Yeah, NEC for the win.

The Scent of xxxx line of spells debuffs both poison and disease which directly deals with our age old complaint of not having any negative save modifiers on our DOTs and debuffs. So, the debuffs compliment and reinforce each other.

Some say NECs are hard to 'bot. I dunno, but if you don't mind making a series of spell casting macros for likely situations, it shouldn't be any harder than hitting your assist and punching the appropriate macro key. The trick I use to know when it is time to refresh DOTs from a 'bot is to include a /tell to your main as the last line of your macro that is /delayed to fire when your - first - DOT cast by that macro is expiring, saying something like "TIME TO RECAST" or whatever. If you have DOTs of different durations, it is best to have them grouped together in one macro so that calculating recast delay doesn't require assistance from NASA.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Regards.
Valdemar

Server: Saryrn

Postby Samanna » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:30 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:59 am

Samanna

Veteran -----