[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Returning after a break, need some advice please

Returning after a break, need some advice please

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Returning after a break, need some advice please

Postby Hertome » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:46 am

Hertome

Postby Ughbash » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:25 am

OK you are level 71 but not that well geared (assuming the warrior in DoN gear is the best geared).

My advice get back into the swing of things with arcstone. If you kill dervishes you can get a spirt mark air) for arms off the named though it does not always drop. There is also a quest for a cloak in arcstone.

After you have the arms and feel comfortable there, go to the firetails. Embra can drop the mold for Pants, Shekar can drop the mold for breastplate. Once a few of you but most importantly the warrior have the BP, arms, and Legs consider going to Depths of Darkhollow..

You may have trouble with some of these missions as you don't have a puller among you but they offer some nice cursor rewards.

Also check out the bazaar, it is not uncommon to find 200+ hp gear in the bazaar for under 5k.

You really want to gear up the Warrior as he is the tank.

Sometime go to Icefall in TSS. Camp polar bears. You want each of the toons to loot 8 icefall bear pelts. There is a quest to turn these in in Valdholme for a bracer. 8 pelts will get you two bracers. Bracers are reasonable AC, 200+ hp, 5 regen 5 mana regen and some stats.

Not being sure how you are set for AA I would recommend catchign up some basic AA at 75. For the warrior you want combat agility 18, combat stability 18 natural durability 3, and some others. I would suggest a minimum of 300 AA for the warrior before going beyond 75.

You can do mold droppers in TSS to get armor upgrades or you can possibly buy some gear in bazaar.

Another option at 75 is to do Katta missions. This can get very boring and repetitive especially if you have to do the easier missions but the Pratorian gear is rather good. Unfortuantely you will need to do anywhere from 50 to 100 missions before you get to Ally and can buy praetorian.

Hide and Seek (solteris progression 1) is probably one of the easier missions.

So that should give you a gear progression path, make goals and a strategy to get them, but then be willing to change from them if you see a great item in the bazaar for a good price.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Zyba » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:52 am

I would say your best bet is doing Dragonscale hills. It's like the new WoS. Most mobs aren't too hard (I can tank a lot of them without fear on my rogue alt, even soloing some dark blues (and no, rogues can't solo for sh*t but it's still possible here). There's also a lot of attuneable gear dropped here that you can probably sell for a bit. Farm some of the nameds and sell the loot in order to buy some of the welded steel for your warrior. Once he's geared up with nearly a full suit - I'd head over to katta and do missions for orux. That way you can gear out the rest of your bots at once, just helpful to have the tank geared out first for obvious reasons. I'm not sure if the market is completely saturated with dragonscale drops yet so they'd probably be getting cheaper by the day- but there's so much inflation you'd still be fine I think. Not to mention you can use most of that stuff since you have such a wide collection of classes.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Zyba

Postby Hertome » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:20 am

Hertome

Postby Zyba » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:25 am

Zyba

Postby Hertome » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:05 am

Hi again,

got magelo running at least for the warrior.

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1384074

Will add the shammy soon, but please dont laugh if u see his profile.

Greetings Hertome
Hertome

Postby Ughbash » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:33 am

OK looking at your magelo three things immediatly pop out.

1) Your AC needs work badly,
2) Your gear isn't that bad other (though you need to get rid of the DoN armor)
3) You are on Firona Vie.

Now I don't think you can do named in RS very easily because of their charm. Your MR is only 300 and I foudn I needed a buffed 500 to resist it. However since this is Firona Vie I would take a look at the price of in the bazaar you will want 4 of them. Also you will want 5 of them.

If you can get Gladiators (anguish) or Fallen Saint (Demi) armor go for it.

I would stay with the bears I mentioned until all of your toons have 2 bracers.

After bracers move over to the spires in same zone. The mammoths hit a little harder then the bears but you should be able to handle them. The real reason you are there though is Foot molds. The named mammoth Tarantous (Or somethign like that) always drops a mold. Now he hits HARD, though not often. I would say use furious immediately, and then defensive. Have your wife burn him down while you spam heal yourself with cleric. He can hit in the 4k range on non defenisve toons. While you are killing mammoths collect teh tusks for another quest in valdhome. This quest is no gear reward but is a faction reward. Doing both of the bracers and the mammoth tusk should get you enough faction for a shield quest in frostcrypt. The shield is great for the casters in the group.

Ok after the hard work in Icefall time to take a step back to "The Steppes". Camp the chef for arms, he is much easier then bears or mammoth but he does not drop the arms every time.

Another mob to camp is in Direwind, "Son of Sevran" he drops the Leg mold, pulling may be tricky here so you will want to make sure your shaman has the AA "Virulent Paralysis at level 3 or greater" Keep Putrid decay memmed to debuff disease so it will last the full duration. Then if you get a 2 pull, root off the add and kill it later.

I am not really sure how the prices are on FV, but I would go to bazaar and for your warrior search for each slot by AC and then look at the HP of the top AC items.

For Shaman I would search by HP.

Good Luck
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Hertome » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:59 am

Hertome

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing