[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - monk vs zerker

monk vs zerker

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

monk vs zerker

Postby matoki » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:29 am

matoki

Server: povar

Postby Survivar » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:26 am

Survivar

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Grauw » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:38 am

Grauw

Postby Fandele Longtooth » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:31 am

Fandele Longtooth

Server: Zebugony

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby sharringan » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:15 pm

Spiritwalker and Drug dealer of Raging Fury
sharringan

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:25 pm

Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Zyba » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:23 pm

Zyba

Postby Samanna » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:53 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby shamy60 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:53 am

i don't need to be focusing on my monk alt when i boxim him,i hit attack and he got usually the agro,even grouped with a main pally or ranger from my guild ( we are about to enter our 1st ashengate raid ),if they want to get agro back off my monk,they have to focus a lot on casting agro debuff on them.
my monk using the 2hander from ture who got a little stun component,that's maybe why he got all the agro,he can take hit well,as well as them so i don't really need to FD to loose agro.only if i need to loose agro to pull another one.

HUMM effect of the 2 hand blunt from ture should be :
200dd and 0.00 stun (73 )

at level 78 and "AE" mez monks are awsome pullers.
can pull a "train" ,imitate death (fd) that is like a fade,and all mobs loose agro,,,now cast ae mez and pick the one u want,,)<.
i tried something, i had my shaman pull 3 mobs who were beating on him.i casted ae mez ,then moved my shm away,and agro was gone :P
my monk btw is maxed aa with (attack and defensive ) who help a lot tho.....
and about 16500 hp and 2350 ac,most of his items come from looping planes or bazaar .
shamy60

Server: RATHE

Postby Ughbash » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:46 pm

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Kneesmasher » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:09 pm

I box a lot. Something I noticed about your current trio, you have two classes that stay stationary and do their thing, be it damage or slowing/dotting/healing. Your Paladin tanks and moves accordingly while tanking. Your wizard and shaman just stand there or sit there on their steeds, use target hotkeys and get busy. That's the best kind of box to have.

Adding a box that you have to move regularly and often poses more difficulty. I box my Paladin and Shaman mostly, on two machines. Pally moves to tank, Shaman sits still for the most part. However, when I add my rogue to the mix it gets a lot more complicated. I usually play the rogue on my Pally machine. Paladin builds up aggro nicely, then I toggle to the rogue, disc the first attack, and get on backstabs. However, oftentimes the mob will push the Paladin far enough away that he gets summoned back. The mob summons him to the center of him and turns. Now the rogue starts taking riposte damage. I have to toggle back and reposition. A monk would be pretty much the same situation.

Two boxes that you have to MOVE to be effective makes it harder, more complicated. If doing easy content, that's no big deal. But if doing challenging content, it can be difficult. Much better to have a box that just sits or stands and is still effective, as opposed to a melee class that you constantly have to reposition.

With a Ranger, you could start autofire and then leave him be.
Kneesmasher

Postby Zyba » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:45 pm

Zyba

Postby Kneesmasher » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:54 pm

Kneesmasher

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing