[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - What to trio?

What to trio?

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

What to trio?

Postby Skorli » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:59 pm

This is a repost to my question, never got to see the responses before the site was taken down.

I am returning to Everquest with my 55 Berserker/Shaman. And was thinking about adding another box. I was thinking maybe Bard or Necro. But I am open to any suggestions. And if it makes any difference I play on the Firiona Vie server.
Skorli

Re: What to trio?

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:02 pm

I wold add a SK to that combo to act as a puller /tank so your berserker could act as dps in that group. It would also have the added benefit later on when the SK gets pet affinity in the addition of another panther target for your shaman.

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Naluken » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:39 pm

2nd what he said! I have played SK / SHM combo for a while and really like it. Recently added a cleric so that I could DPS with my Shaman, so far I like how it is going...

Naluken

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Khael » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:26 pm

It'll take a very long time before any tank class you choose to 3box is going to outtank your zerker, if he has decent gear and aa's. Tanks are the hardest to catch up with. I'd probably pick a bard instead and invite another person to tank for you if you're looking to do content that your zerker can't handle. The bard just brings so much to the table.
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Skorli » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:23 pm

Since I do play on FV rerolling is nothing new. Would rerolling the berserker as a plate tank be better for me in the long run? It would not take long for me to get back to 55 if I did reroll. And it would allow my tank to group with my third box on the way there.

I am now thinking plate tank + Shaman + Mage. How well would that work?
Skorli

Postby Samanna » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:42 pm

Here's the thing.

All archetypes are improved by gear, levels, spells/discs and AAs.

Tanks are especially dependent on them to be able to tank challenging (current) content, or they go smoosh fast - they have to be able to survive the mob. If the can, then they can survive chain pulled mobs.

Next are priests; an undergeared priest can just ask for slower pulls, and can be supplemented to some extent with a potion or backup heals on nameds.

Next are the dps classes, both with weapons and with spells. If they have less than desired gear and AAs.... they just do less damage per second, and the fight lasts a little longer.

A tank or healer at 70% of what they should be at, contribution wise, means a wipe. A dps class at 70% of what they should be at, contribution wise, just means slower kills.

The point being that you will get more meaningful results from adding a not-well-developed caster to the group than a not-well-developed tank (or priest).
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Skorli » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:49 pm

Thank you for your suggestions. I have decided to reroll the Berserker as a Warrior and add a Mage. I conned a friend to come back (thank you flagging changes) and they are going to 2box Necro and a Cleric. So I think in our little group we will have everything covered. Thanks again all.
Skorli

Postby Naluken » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:30 am

Nice, warrior / shaman / mage, and necro / cleric will make a really really nice group :)
Naluken

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing