[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - If you could...

If you could...

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

The best 3 box.

Poll ended at Thu May 01, 2008 9:58 am

Pally/Shm/Druid
8%
Pally/Enc/Druid
4%
SK/Shm/Cleric
12%
Sk/Enc/Cleric
4%
War/Shm/Cleric
4%
War/Enc/Cleric
No votes
Monk/Shm/Cleric
No votes
Monk/Shm/Druid
No votes
Other (Please list)
68%

Total votes : 25

Re: If you could...

Postby Khael » Sat May 10, 2008 4:58 am

My bard has sucky gear and still outdpses my raidgeared pally. On her own, she would probably struggle to outdps a shadowknight in the same group, but considering the aura and songs she adds to the group as "her" dps, it's no question about it. Bard wins, hands down.

And why would I want two tanks in a box crew that has a bard for pulling? The only thing I ever tank with my bard is rampage... rest is easy singlepulling.
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Kilgaroz » Tue May 13, 2008 12:28 pm

I'd stick with my bard/shm/war. I can go to the GL and rez whenever I need to, or box a cleric to the camp and park him til rezes are needed. The warrior maintains agro more easily in a box environment (don't have to cast spells, agro abilities are typically instant) than a knight would and takes considerably less damage. Add in the warrior discs for Oh shit! moments and I just can't see dropping the class.

The shaman can heal pretty well in most content, I've 3 boxed in Crystallos a few times with a fair amount of success. He also does pretty decent dps and stacks well with other priests if I'm not working on my own.

The bard is a phenomenal bag of tricks, single pulls, mez, mana, RT/OT, group DA, increases group damage considerably, etc. Someone commented earlier about bard vs. SK dps, you can't just look at the damage the bard himself is putting out, you also have to look at the multiplicative effect he brings to the rest of the group. Just the aura increases group dps by 12-16% per toon, not counting damage shields, proc songs and attack buffs. In a raid dps group, if you attribute aura bonus to the bard (and since it's an aura/group song, he can claim it unlike Cougar with can be TGBd), the bard gets 12+ % of each dps toon in the group, pets included. Figure 1500 dps on 4 dps classes (conservatively) without the bard, that's 720 dps more that the bard brings in addition to his own 500 - 750, over 1000 on a burn.

Kilgaroz

Server: Saryrn

Bard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue May 13, 2008 1:37 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Khael » Wed May 14, 2008 8:54 am

He said each of the 4 dps classes were doing 1500 dps each, without bard aura. That would place their total dps at 6000, of which 12% (which should actually be 12.5%, if you wanna be petty) is 720, like he also stated. OTOH, if you only 3box, then the aura will only boost the bard and the tank's dps, and won't amount to all that much. Which is why (and I think I've stated this already, in this thread or a similar one) a 3box is never going to cover all your bases. I 4box a ranger to add more dps to my PAL/BRD/SHM crew.
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Previous

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing