[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Pally/Shammy box

Pally/Shammy box

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Pally/Shammy box

Postby Armad » Wed May 21, 2008 5:40 pm

I have started a pally shaman box as alts and just to have fun with. I don't plan to rush to the top asap. I just wanna enjoy gear, AAs, and zones at random levels between 50 and 80. My question is: Where is best place to stop to pick up 300-500 AAs? Pallies cant get SU until 59 so that has me starting there unless any other advice. If I sit on 59-60 for 100 or so AAs, what level would be next stop? 65, 70, 75? Any advice on this is appreciated.
Armad

Re: Pally/Shammy box

Postby Khael » Thu May 22, 2008 7:07 am

Just make stops where you get the most exp done in the least time possible. For example, if you can't really find a good spot to exp at 65, keep going to 70 and you'll probably find a good spot by then. Hotzones can be great sources of exp (Ruins of Illsalin is pretty great at 70). As for whether to stop at 65/70/75, that doesn't matter all that much. You'll have enough AA's to spend at either of those levels, I'm thinking (iirc, there was at least 300 decent AA's in the PoP era, and that was at 65).

When I leveled my ranger I made stops at 51, 60 and am now at 70, but I could just as well have stopped at 55, 65 and 75, and it wouldn't have made much of a difference.
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Merkreus » Thu May 22, 2008 9:33 pm

Ruins of Ilsalin is great because the mobs have very few hps and your slays plus cougar procs should kill stuff fast. Good spot to burn lesson in.

Another good place is Direwind Cliffs. Awesome place for shm/pally duo.
Merkreus- Officer of Drunks on Quellious
Merkreus

Server: Quellious

Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Grungloe » Fri May 23, 2008 12:05 am

Direwind is much easier than Ruins of Illsalin. Just by watching the golems path, you can always manage to only get 2 mobs at most with those two mobs being carrionmancers who spend half their time casting & the singles being golems who hit about as hard as ROI spiders. Granted, they have about twice the HP of ROI spiders, but they don't have that annoying scream / stun proc which makes me hate ROI with a passion.
Grungloe

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby dindaur » Fri May 23, 2008 12:41 am

i've been leveling up a warrior box, and i found that 67 and dragonscale is a sweet spot combination for experience. the farm tasks give him about half an aa a win. each kill gives him about a blue bubble. those mobs are mass killable
Lord Dindaur Stoutbrew
dindaur

Server: the nameless

Paladin Main
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Gmork » Sun May 25, 2008 3:55 am

I seem to remember Greig's being great AA at that level. You could kill 5-6 at a time to rake in the AA.
Member of
Gmork

Server: japan

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing