[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Undecided! :|

Undecided! :|

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Undecided! :|

Postby Fenriz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:27 pm

Ok, first off, I'm a short time reader, first time poster. :)

I quit shortly after OoW came out, and now I'm back. Well I've actually played off and on.. until just before Tss

An old guildie friend is letting my use his 70 Shaman, since he hasn't been played since DoD. So I am currently boxing an sk/shm combo. I am somewhat lost now in the world of Eq. Everything seems so new, and I feel kind of dated. So if you guys have any quest suggestions, I'd really appreciate that! I've searched Allakhazam until my eyes rolled into the back of my head, but the problem is I don't know where to look.

Anyways, back to my original question, which I haven't asked yet!

I've gotten my sister and friend back into playing eq, my friend has a 70 druid, and my sister currently has nothing. She has a 64 bard on my account, but neither of us can afford to move it. So my question is, what would be a good class to add the mix?

I was thinking maybe, sk/shm/cle/dru ... mostly for the ease of my boxing and the pl, but also big buffs/heals/and rezs look nice.
I was also thinking, sk/shm/dru/brd ... i've heard wonders about bards, but i have no idea on how to box or really play bards. (although my sister was really good with a bard around pop era, with no flags or aa's she got into a time guild because she grouped with an officer and impressed him with her "barding skills")
Well as it would happen my friend has another account not being used...
SOOOO.. I was then thinking maybe sk/shm/dru/cle/brd when we can all play together.

I'm at a loss. I am going to help pl/level at least one character with my sister. But we just can't decide which to play! Everything seems to have advantages and disadvantages!

I'm sorry for the short novel, but I'd really appreciate any, and all imput from you guys!

Also, I'm somewhat inticed by a war/shm/cle/dru... but that's only because I'm afraid sk/shm/cle might be woefully lacking in dps.
Thanks again!

EDIT - Also forgot to add our gear (sig) is lacking i'm sure, I spent all my money on some upgrades, but if you have any gear and or quests to keep an eye on, I'd appreciate it. The new tradeskill jewlrey is kind of confusing me :oops:

That's what she said!
Fenriz

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: Undecided! :|

Postby Brohg » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:20 pm

If she enjoyed playing bard, she should play bard. It's that simple.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Fenriz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:35 pm

Yeah, I tried telling her that, but she is still isn't sure herself. Hopefully she'll decide soon so we can get things rolling.
Fenriz

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:05 pm

The decision is far from irrevocable
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Fenriz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:21 am

True, true...

Looking back I guess my post is kind of silly/useless. I just find myself in the same ole' PoP zone or earlier, too afraid to try anything else. Just trying to get a group going that I know will be able to take on perhaps not the newest content, but maybe close too it. I dunno. Thanks though, I think she's just going to play a bard...
Fenriz

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Kianor » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:09 am

You could start a group from scratch - that way, she's not levelling by herself, and it gives you both the chance to relearn the game, and learn the newer bits.

You can go from 1-75 (at least) in TSS, I believe, the Drakkin race is the new one in that expansion. They have bards and SKs, but not shamans, but it wouldn't be hard to move one there. There are quests for all levels there, and it's newer content, so it'd be equally new to you and your friends.

I think there's something to be said for levelling a character yourself rather than taking one on. It might seem like a mountain to climb to get to the point that the other shaman is at, but not all the fun is at the high end of the game - you might enjoy levelling up and experiencing that part of the game just as much as taking over a level 70 character and learning how to play it.
Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby Macnair » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:26 am

Starting all three of you with new chars certainly has merit. You could certainly try that, do it for a week, and decide you don't really like the low levels and switch to your level 70 toons, no real loss there.

If you decide to do the level 70 shaman / SK / druid, you don't need another healer there. As Brohg said, if your sister likes playing a bard, powerlevel a bard up to 60: with your 3 level 70 characters, this will take only a few hours of playtime. Put the max possible damage shield on the SK, make sure he equips a cup or something in his hand to avoid riposte damage, pull a big train of low level mobs, keep aggro on the SK, and have the bard do a couple ticks of AE damage on all the mobs when they are at about 50% health. They'll all beat themselves to death on the damage shield, and the bard will rake all the experience. She'll be level 40 in an hour or two, level 60 by tomorrow evening.

If she wants to try something different, the best addition to your trio would be a dps class: any pure caster would be fine, or she might like monk zerker rogue ranger ...

The thing is, with the combination you have now, she can try anything, work it for a week or so, decide she doesn't like it, and try something different.

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Fenriz » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:03 am

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it. She still hasn't decided, but that's alright.

The reason I might seem like I'm in a rush, is that after this summer, I might never have time to play again lol. With school on the horizon, and working full time, and a wife, and brand new baby... Life's pretty dang busy. Well... maybe next summer and christmas break i'll get another chance to log back.

I was just looking for some input on making a decent group that might be able to knock out some epic 1.0's maybe even some 1.5 fights. I probably should have said that in my first post lol, might have been vastly more helpful.

Anyways, thanks again guys.. given me some stuff to ponder over the next couple days while she decides what she wants to do. :D
Fenriz

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Cromagnon » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:23 pm

Just a note, while casually trying for the Dark elf mask for my bard in Lower Guk Dead side, pulling trains with my druid and using the aoe DoT that bards get, i easily leveled my bard from 20-40 in about an hour or two, like I said, mainly was just doing this while camping, so wasn't going crazy or anything, was very fast experience. The SK would work better due to the aoe taunt, but the DS from the druid is hard to beat, especially if you have the short duration high dmg one. Hope this helps, and I'd say try this soon, as a revamp of Guk is due next month for the festivities!
By Account:
Notfit 82 Gnome Enchanter
Cromagnon 82 Ogre Warrior
Mahlon 71 Dark Elf Wizard
----------------------------------
Dartil 90 Capri Wearing Druid
Cromkins 71 Ogre Beastlord
Locusta 66 Drakkin Rogue
Cromagnon

Druid Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Fenriz » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:31 pm

Yeah, I'm kind of excited about the revamp. But are they going to get rid of, or forget about the wood elf clickie crown? I was going to finish mine.. but as a dark elf.. yikes. It took me like three days to get the crown and then another day for the stupid lord to give up his scalp, and i'm still at scowls.. Maybe some day i'll finish it.
Fenriz

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing