[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - 80SK/80CL/?

80SK/80CL/?

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

80SK/80CL/?

Postby Datzyoazz » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:12 am

Hello everyone, I am the proud owner of a 80Sk which i lvl'ed up myself. A guilde retired from the game and he gave me his lvl 80 cleric act. The cleric is around 13k mana fully buffed, I dont usually 3 box, but i have 3 boxed using my friends 80 shaman, and Im looking to create another toon thats my own. I know there will be many different opinions on what to get. Mainly the purpose of my 3 box will be to add to my friends 4 box, of CL/SH/RN/Nec--lvl 80.

The Sk would be the Tank/puller --->http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1352153

I dont have my cleric a magelo yet---> LVL 80 Cleric with 90% of the healing AA's done

?? I already have a 59 bst, 45 Wiz, and a 40 Sh, lvl 3 Zerk, started on my 3rd acnt, not sure really what to go with.

I know the Sk will be busy tanking and holding agro, and healing with the cleric.

I guess what Im asking for is your opinion on (1) easiest box to lvl, and (2) easiest toon i could box that wouldn't require to much attention.
Datzyoazz

Re: 80SK/80CL/?

Postby Macnair » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:35 pm

You want something that will give good dps with minimal attention.

Wizard or mage are both good choices: they can sit back out of harm's way, and then add a big chunk of damage with just the touch of a couple buttons.

Monk and zerker aren't as good, because to get the best dps from melee characters, you have to keep adjusting their positioning a bit, and you have to use their special abilities at the right time.

Picking a necro gives you a puller who can pull, FD, and stay down while the SK tags the mobs, and yet can add significant dps.

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Khauruk » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:35 pm

Any of the three dps caster classes would rock:

Wiz - raw dps, ports, evac
Mage - air pet adds a bit to mitigation through stuns, good dps w/ little/no effort, CoH for movement and to help pulling
Necro - puller/rez in cleric for wipes/tricky camps to get to, good dps w/ amazing self mana regen.

You can't go wrong w/ any of them...and if you don't like one...just PL up a different class before you get too many AAs.
Khauruk

Server: Luclin

Postby Grungloe » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:24 am

beastlord.
Pet + mini shaman buffs (including slow).

Only real chore is it takes a bit of AAs to make the beastlord itself decent dps.

-Adam
Grungloe

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Naluken » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:01 pm

I am using SK / SHM / CLR with the least amount of attention on the cleric (Promised Renewal + HoT + an Occasional Light Heal). I am sure there are easier boxes than shammie, but I use her to slow/debuff and then DPS with DoTs and Sting of the Queen (also try to keep panther up on my SK). I like the combo a lot, but I am sure you can find an easier box with WIZ or zerker, mayb even Mage or BST.

Naluken

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Kinak » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:28 pm

Going with a melee would be better dps for you with minimal effort, you don't need to keep clicking spells to add dps. just turn on attack and you're good. Zerkers are nice :D
Kinak

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Cromagnon » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:37 pm

If you want low maintenance on your 3rd box (which I think most people aim for at the 3+ box mark) I'd recommend as others have, Wizard, Mage, and Beastlord. A pure melee dps class such as zerker or monk is going to require a bit of babysitting to stay in melee range.

Personally if it was me, I'd work on a beastlord, I box one myself at times and find them a great class, and they also can solo well to boot to work on that toon if that's your thing. Slow + Buffs + Manaregen lines + 2 melee dps (pet + beastie) and even if the beastlord isn't meleeing, he can run a dot macro (eq macro, not the haxor crap) or whatever. Also i don't know about you, but on my boxed alts I try to make them so they have versatility. Instead of a cleric, I run a druid. Instead of a shammie, I run a beastie. This gives me stacking when those classes are in group, and the ability to switch the boxed alt to an alternate role, and still contribute alot.

Just my 2Cents.

G'luck
Crom
By Account:
Notfit 82 Gnome Enchanter
Cromagnon 82 Ogre Warrior
Mahlon 71 Dark Elf Wizard
----------------------------------
Dartil 90 Capri Wearing Druid
Cromkins 71 Ogre Beastlord
Locusta 66 Drakkin Rogue
Cromagnon