[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Similar difficulty to LP goblins? 75+ -ish

Similar difficulty to LP goblins? 75+ -ish

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Similar difficulty to LP goblins? 75+ -ish

Postby Vasei » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:30 pm

Hubby and I took a stab at at that goblin fort next to the Fangbreaker camp in Loping Plains and it turns out that's a really great sweet spot healing/tank-wise our 75-80 group of four. I'm wondering if anybody has advice about other spots where the mobs hit right around that hard? Memorable drops, faction, xp, or just fun for some other reason - any tips appreciated.

We completely missed the expansion release, when everybody was out XP'ing, and there's a lotta content out there that's hard to learn at random. I'm guessing that some of you out on the regular servers have seen some fun camp spots that just sit empty all day on Test.

I'm shm/brd and he's got war/enc, so pulling & cc aren't a problem. Gear and AAs are all over the place though, so I'd like to stick right around this difficulty. Harder than that until we've done a bit more leveling/gearing/AA'ing is more like work than fun, so...

Good example - we really enjoyed Arcstone for the cloak quest, earring quest from Relic, and picking up some BP's. Good looking zone, nice risk/reward ratio, variety of things to work on (two thumbs up).

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: Similar difficulty to LP goblins? 75+ -ish

Postby Veril » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:54 pm

The whole of loping planes is about that hard to pull and kill. almost always 1/2 pulls everywhere. Goblins are pretty average for mobs, perhaps they have about 10K fewer hp than wolves or orcs
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:33 pm

Have you tried Icefall glacier? The mobs are a little easier than the Loping Plain goblins, so you can kill them a little faster.

If you pay attention to the pathing, the spiders (officially, "icefall crawlers") will almost always pull single; if you don't pay attention and get a double, your team of four has good crowd control to handle it. There is a plateau hidden in the canyons in the eastern part of the zone with eight or nine spiders; you'll probably kill them all before they respawn, and get to kill a few ice golems as well from the nearby ravines. The spiders drop level 71-75 rank 2 spells maybe 1 time in 30; they now also drop elaborate defiant armors maybe 1 time in 50 or so. The spiders are about level 75, still dark blue at level 80.

If you don't have the from Valdeholm, you can get the drops for it in a few hours killing adolescent bears. These are slightly lower level, about 1 in 3 is still dark blue at level 80.

Up near the Valdeholm zone line among the goblins you can spawn , level 73, who drops a Burning Affliction 6 shield and some decent caster arms.

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Cromagnon » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:15 pm

Just some more suggestions on zones:

Vergalid Mines (zone in not so bad, bit tougher in Inner Vegalid)
Direwind
Icefall (already suggested)
Dragonscale Hills (Ranges from very easy,wildlife, to Almost LP,brownies and minos)
Valdeholm (The Pit is a great place to start in this zone)
Sverag, Stronghold of Rage (Fun zone, but dangerous, decent loot, quite a few augs to be had)
Loping Plains (You said you are already hunting here, maybe give the purity aug tasks a shot, series of 9 of them, and found them fun for the most part)
Mech. Guardian (need quest to enter, the Giant roaming robot in DSH, good drops in the non task instances)

Also, not sure if you ever finished them, but the Skylance 1-3 and Nro/Takish 1-3 tasks offer spells and auras for most toons, and decent loot, thoroughly enjoyed working those tasks myself. Loot from the Nro missions isn't good, but from skylance there is some real nice loot available (40% haste aug + hp/mana type 7/8, some decent augs from Skylance 3 boss chest, etc)

If i think of anything else will try and come back to update.
By Account:
Notfit 82 Gnome Enchanter
Cromagnon 82 Ogre Warrior
Mahlon 71 Dark Elf Wizard
----------------------------------
Dartil 90 Capri Wearing Druid
Cromkins 71 Ogre Beastlord
Locusta 66 Drakkin Rogue
Cromagnon

Druid Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Vasei » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:45 pm

Sounds like some fun ideas, thanks, guys.

We did the bracers - those were easy & much needed upgrades. Spiders sounds like a fun spot, I'll have to look and see if there's anything the Bard would need in the 71-75 range that doesn't get replaced later on (I'm still getting a handle on that song list). The shield would be nice to have on hand, tho. Besides, it sounds like that's the same spot where you can camp for the BP dropping guy - would be a nice upgrade for the warr or cleric. Found a defiant bracer for poison, but still have nothing for disease focus higher than level 71 I think. Bleh.

Tried Skylance 1 and got creamed on the adds, but I think we're due for another shot. Warrior & bard auras are just too good to go without. Nro/Takish we took care of, if you're talking about the first set of auras - love em (uber uber malo totem. :P)

Wasn't sure if we'd be able to do Sverag, or even how to get into Mech Guardian. Knowing they're about the same difficulty motivates me to look into em a bit.

I REALLY appreciate the advice.
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Whitman » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:29 am

Have you done the Jonas Dagmire hand aug? If not, your group would breeze through, I think.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
~Voltaire
Whitman

Ranger Main

Postby Vasei » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:20 am

Have 3 pieces (of 36?) for that... not sure I have the intestinal fortitude to finish, but it's good to know that's on our list of possibilities.
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Cromagnon » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:10 pm

On a similar note to the Hand aug quest, the zones beyond The Buried Sea (zone for Hand aug) such as Katta, Atiki, and mission instances would be well within your difficulty you are working at currently. Also if you work on the tasks, can earn yoursel faction to use the vendors, and spell/gears to fill in the holes for your boxes.
Cromagnon

Druid Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Vasei » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:04 pm

Probably will have to, at some point, if any of the boxes have spells that don't get replaced after 75. Working for currency for focus effects that are 5 levels behind just irks me for some reason - though the armor itself lasts for a while (just replaced my last piece of citizen's on the shaman last raid ;) )

Will have to read up on the other missions. The only one I know is the one where the genii kept respawning and heading down the temple - because that's the one I could duo with hubby (bard/nec - clearly, we have a problem with altaholism).
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Naluken » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:32 pm

Naluken

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing