[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - 2-boxxing Ideas

2-boxxing Ideas

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

2-boxxing Ideas

Postby Zdaten » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:39 am

My Main is a Druid, currently lvl 70, and I am thinking about 2-boxing.

I used to 2-box my druid with a friends Mage a long time ago, but that friend sold his account, so 2-boxing his mage is no longer an option.

I have been thinking about 2-boxing again and have been having a difficult time deciding whether I should make a Mage, or try a different class. I was thinking maybe a Necro or a Beast or a Bard, all have thier strengths and Weaknesses.

What do you guys think?
Zdaten

Druid Main

Re: 2-boxxing Ideas

Postby Vasei » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:21 pm

Do you want to snare kite? Root rot? Playing to the druid's strengths, it's hard to imagine the bard being a better choice than necro, mage, or wizard. Not that I don't enjoy having the ability to bring my bard root rotting with me, but I can't imagine any of those 3 classes couldn't outdamage her.

Definitely depends on how you most enjoy playing. I didn't really like boxing with the bst, takes too much attention as a lot of their usefulness is tied up in their melee ability, and I don't like healing em. ;)

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Zdaten » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:11 pm

hmm, Guess i forgot to say that one, I have always Snare Kite for as long as i can remember.
Zdaten

Druid Main

Postby dohrian » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:20 am

I would choose necro to add to your snare kite, also add rez and a pet that may tank summoning mobs.

Doh
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Vasei » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:50 am

If you're hanging onto aggro, I'd think that necro BS pet would be a lovely addition - if they still get those. I'm at least 5 levels behind on the current state of necro affairs. Last I remember though, your typical mage pet is going to be able to out-tank the necro pet - with the tradeoff of the necro dishing out a lot more damage than the mage is generally going to pull off. Of course, druid might appreciate the malosinX resist debuffy goodness. On the other hand (again) passive lich regen on the necro is going to be a lot easier to remember than hitting the mod rod on a bot.

Aw heck, flip a coin? ;)
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Zdaten » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:22 am

yeah thats where the chioce becomes difficult. Necros can Mana feed others, thier pets are good DPS, and thier spells do great DPS.

Magicians can give Mod rods, Depending on the pet you summon, they either tank or do DPS, Magicians can also do good DPS to.

Necros also can Summon Corpses, and Magicians can CoH people. So thats where it can be difficult.

thank you guys for your input, looks like the Necro is the way to go.
Zdaten

Druid Main

Postby Naluken » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:30 pm

You get FD pulls with Necro, but you can use CotH for pulls with the Mage :P

Naluken

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing