[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - is it even worth it to add a bard as a third

is it even worth it to add a bard as a third

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

is it even worth it to add a bard as a third

Postby moscato » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:05 am

i play a shm and warrior. they are both lovely iksars w/ reasonable gear and aa counts. i'd say i'm an average boxer when i play the pair. i alt tab back and forth to get business done.

i have a third account and wineq lets me use hotkeys to switch screens so i don't have to worry about alt tab madness. i'm considering adding a third because i would like a bit more dps and i would like something to do other than grind what are essentially meaningless aa.

that being said, i don't really know if a third is worth it. i've played 3 before and it's almost more work than it is fun. of course, pickup groups these days are more deaths than fun, so there is that to consider.

a bard, however, i think i could just melody up if/when i'm feeling lazy. but is that even worth it?

and since you've read this far, consider this: i have a 73 monk on my warrior account that has decent weapons and 200ish aa. i could move him to the third account for more dps. i can tailor him armor and that does bear consideration.

if i move monk, i lose veteran rewards though which i'm loathe to do. why? no clue, i just feel like i am losing a great deal by sacrificing those rewards.

or, should i say the hell with it and make a bl on third account? i've often said that the only thing bl were good for is taking weapons that should go to monk, but bl spells and 2 viable puma targets would be nice.

halp.
moscato

Server: lfg on maelin

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box

Re: is it even worth it to add a bard as a third

Postby zantocon » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:34 pm

I'd have to say that bard would add a lot of power to that combo, pulling, CC etc. However if I were three boxing on one computer I'd probably go with mage. Giving you another tank, another puma target, nukes, damage shields, pet weapons, coh pulling. Much easier to box and no positioning required for melee. (plus the dps is just insane)

I myself have been doing shaman/monk/wizard/ranger with two computers and am pondering dropping the ranger for a mage. Especially after being main healer on two mage pets in Crystallos while cleric went afk and before we got a tank.

*removed a redudant image

zantocon

Server: The Rathe

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Mukshaak » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:58 pm

Mukshaak

Server: AB (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Cromagnon » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:34 pm

Just wanted to chime in, but seems like a beastlord would be a lot of redundancy since you already have a shaman. I would suggest, as did the other poster, a mage instead which will offer you great utility, dps, offtanking, CoTH, Damage Shield, and pet weapons for himself and anyone else in group with pet. Just my 2 cents. G'luck however you choose to do it. I personally only two box, and swap either a druid or a beastlord into the second slot, whichever is needed more to pair with my warrior (Druid if i need heals, beast if i need slows, both provide great dps and utility).

*EDIT* thought the OP said he played an SK, was wrong on re-reading and he in fact has a warrior, updated post to reflect such.
By Account:
Notfit 82 Gnome Enchanter
Cromagnon 82 Ogre Warrior
Mahlon 71 Dark Elf Wizard
----------------------------------
Dartil 90 Capri Wearing Druid
Cromkins 71 Ogre Beastlord
Locusta 66 Drakkin Rogue
Cromagnon

Druid Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Alandros » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:21 pm

I would have to agree that a mage would be good third... I'm currently boxing Pal/Sham/Mage and the mage really adds some great DPS, especially since his pet is always doing DPS whether or not you are focused on him. Also as mentioned his pet is another target for the proc buffs (which with Tank + Sham pet + Mage pet can really add up nicely). He also adds a damage shield which is just a bonus.
Alandros

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing