PLD solo/duo question

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

PLD solo/duo question

Postby legato » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:49 am

Hey, i know there's some old posts, but i just started playing eq, quit back in the PoP days. i started back up on my 51 PLD, but friends kept asking me to
get on my 65 ENC, so i did a paid transfer, and thought i could box them. well, they're both up to 71 as of now, with 34 AAs on PLD and 110 AAs on ENC.
Anyways, I like both chars, i mean, they have personalities, i like their first and last names, lol, and they're both fun to play. But hard to find a place to duo.
I've been lucky so far, grouping with friends, and doing pretty decent. I know my dps is on the low side, but hoping to balance that with working up slay undead, but i dont see alot of undead mobs in zones around my lvl (at least not on allakhazam, there could be more). my question is should i keep trying, and it'll eventually get better? are there any places that you would recommend for my level? not the best geared pld or enc, i missed out on the lower guk revamp, tho i did get most of the plate from friends. 9.4k hp unbuffed, 2k ac. just looking for some dark blues somewhere to finish SU, gonna try to work on offensive AAs for a while before getting the defensive ones, or at least.
just trying to get some advice, really dont want to level up a shm or dru to add/replace, but may do that further down the line.
legato

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Re: PLD solo/duo question

Postby Kruzar » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:50 pm

One area that I would think you should be able to handle is Arcstone. There are a ton of undead in there, and for the most part they are singles. I know a Pally friend of mine spent a lot of time there and used it as one of his main areas to solo for xp. On my server it is almost always deserted. If you tire of the undead zombie mobs, you might try the fire mobs, which the named there have a chance to drop a pretty cool chest clickie quest piece. I just did this for my shammy and I am working on it as well for my rogue. (Love the clickies)

I am pretty sure these mobs stay blue, light blue, and green for quite a while as you level up. I know the fire models are light blue past 75.

Hope this helps....
Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby legato » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:34 pm

definitely will have to check that out when i get home, if they're mostly blues, i should be good for a while, lol...picked up 2 ranks of SU while going from 51 to 71, and i dont think i've even fought an undead mob since, haha.

if anyone else has any suggestions, let me know, cuz i cant be the only person on tribunal going to try and fight here, hehe.
legato

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Natems » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:17 pm

I've actually soloed in PoValor a fair amount for AAs. They're all light blue, and decent exp. Solo, with lesson, I was getting about 2.5 - 3AAs per lesson at 71. I'm now 73 and I can only get 2AAs (partially because I've got more AAs which slows down my gain, and partly due to the higher level discrepancy compared to the mobs).

There are 4 roamers and for the rest you'll get 2-3 at a time depending on if you can pull a roamer near one of the buildings they sit in (I recommend this technique as you can usually get 2 instead of 3 that way). They cannot be rooted except for the named ones.

I honestly have yet to try out Arcstone or Murks or any of the other recommended spots because I was so far behind on gear and AAs when I came back. I now have SU8 and I'm better geared so I'm planning on checking out some of the other spots myself in the near future.
Natems

Paladin Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Alandros » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:25 pm

I formerly did a Pal/Enc duo, I then split out my druid into a third account and did a Pal/Enc/Druid trio... very bad DPS =x I now do Pal/Sham/Mage even though I really liked my Enc. It hurts to say it but switching out your Enc for a Sham will do you much better now. You'll get slow and haste still and you'll also get some good healing, DoT DPS, and panther buff DPS (on your paly and the sham pet). The healing can really make the difference in surviving (more than CC I'd say in most cases) and the DPS improvement will be nice too.
Alandros

Paladin Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing