[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Where to solo comfortably at 80?

Where to solo comfortably at 80?

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Where to solo comfortably at 80?

Postby Yandroz » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:52 pm

Where should I try to solo at level 80?
I have mostly Anguish level gear and I'd like to be able to comfortably grind some AA's without being in too much of a high-stress location.

Thanks;

Yandroz
Yandroz

Paladin Main

Re: Where to solo comfortably at 80?

Postby Drazeena » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:19 pm

I've been doing a bit of soloing in the hotzone lately, Sunderrock Springs. Its a level 70(?) hotzone I believe and the fact that they are all light blues makes killing rather fast. XP has been rather good.
Can you smell the fear? Can you taste the fear? Can you feel the fear? If no, fear not for you soon will!!!!!
Drazeena

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:50 pm

If you haven't done the hand aug quests, try Buried Sea. There are multiple quests involving each of the islands there. You can solo almost all of it.

I found the beach on the northeast island, killing snakes and lizards on the beach next to the bay, to be particularly low key. The normal mobs are 72 to 76, fully rootable, easy to kill within the 2 minutes of VP. Start from the little shoulder-of-the-hill plateau overlooking the north end of the beach, work your way south for 25 minutes, invis, and head back to start. You also have the odd chance of spawning a named snake or lizard; they are level 77-78, and only slightly harder than the regular mobs. The named snake drops a nice AC / HP aug.

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Yesak » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:33 am

spiders in icefall should be pretty comfortable for you in just about any gear.
"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby St_HotPants » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:21 pm

Ruins of Illsalin is still a great place for a pally to get AA's. It has the highest non-hotzone exp modifier of any zone in the game (heck, even with it no longer being a hotzone it may have a higher exp mod than some of the new hotzones)... and it shouldn't be crowded anymore.
Nightblade <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=746279">Polarkin</a><br>Heyokah <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1268084">Tsel</a><br><a href="http://sacredfyre.com">Sacred Fyre</a> on Fennin Ro
St_HotPants

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:06 pm

Bah.

I don't know if you can solo in Buried Sea or not. Your "I am a paladin" emblem is right there, but I guess I was blind when I wrote because I assumed your were a shaman, and gave you advice on how to solo your shaman.

Still, the mobs in Buried Sea have relatively few hitpoints for their level, so it might be worth a try.
Macnair

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Zorbee » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:15 pm

If you are looking to slum, then Direwind or ROI is your best bet. You may run out of undead mobs in Direwind though.
Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Yandroz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:09 am

Two last quick questions.

Where in ROI would you suggest I go after zoning in? Left, Right? Straight?

Secondly, is there an undead camp there?

I've been soloing Loping Plains Zombies but I have to be really careful with them, I'm looking for a place where I can get exp faster.

Thanks for the help;

Yandroz
Yandroz

Paladin Main

Postby Macnair » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:13 pm

There are only a few mobs in illsalin that are not undead: the deep orcs, maybe a few more. All the spiders are undead.
Macnair

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Zorbee » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:38 pm

Spiders are in the middle (need lev to get up there) and to the right are the shilliskin. At 80 either are acceptable.
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby zantocon » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:07 am

I have a paladin friend who solos undead in arcstone, I'll try to call him to night and find out where they are. He says they die very quickly with his slays (11k or so) which I dunno if that's a high slay or low. 5% aa or so per kill solo.

zantocon

Server: The Rathe

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:35 am

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Yandroz Zzyzzx » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:56 pm

Ok, I've checked out Arcstone and RoI. The skels in Arcstone give ~3% exp per kill and the spiders in RoI give ~6% per kill. The difference is that the mobs in Arcstone are much easier to kill and don't hit nearly as hard. As for which gives faster EXP I've not done any parsing to see. I'm thinking it is going to be very close either way.

Do you guys have any other suggestions of good undead camps for a Paladin?

Peace

Yandroz
Brother Hayle says You have proven yourself worthy to hold Soulfire.
Inte Akera tells you: Take this sword, the Fiery Avenger.
Irak Altil says: Your selflessness has made it possible for me to redeem my honor.
Inte Akera tells you: I see you have Redemption.
Inte Akera says: You have proven yourself to be a powerful Paladin and a savior of all Norrath.
Yandroz Zzyzzx

Server: Luclin

Paladin Main

Postby Unmei » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:51 am

I don't really pretend to have intimate knowledge of paladin solo spots, but what either the Direwind Boneyards (Probably comparable difficulty to Loping plains zombies?) or the Undead Murks in WoS (Probably comparable to the arcstone undead?)
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing