[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Fun Boxing group

Fun Boxing group

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Fun Boxing group

Postby kargren » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:40 am

I already run a 78SK 78Shammy 77Cleric group but I am looking for a group thats different then your standard tank slower healer group. I currently have a bunch of alts all under lvl 10 with the best gear I can get them from velious era(pally, mage, beast, bard, monk, rouge). For example my pally has nearly 600ac unbuffed at lvl 1 while missing almost half of her slots. And my mage is wearing a 60ac 100hp +3mana regen robe.

I have read through a bunch of the posts here and most of them are about what is the best group makup. Thats not exactly what I want. The most fun i have ever had playing eq was charm killing with my necro in his upper 50's lower 60's. just because it was exciting at all times and very different. So does anyone have any fun group idea's that you wouldnt think of normaly that would work well with each other?

I tried my 67necro and 62 ranger in a root rot/shoot duo last night and it was horrible the dps was just trash. But I can understand this as the ranger only has AM2 and the mob was rooted.

Maybe I will de lvl my necro back to the lower 60's and level my mage up then group my necro mage ranger all around lvl 62ish. Get my ranger AM3 and head shot and try some charm/root/pet/headshot groups. Any thoughts idea's comments? Thank you in advance.
kargren

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Re: Fun Boxing group

Postby Zorbee » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:03 pm

Mage + necro + druid

Druid kite, mage and necro do the dps.
Avenger Zorbee Bunny'Slayer - Destroyer of Helpless Bunnies ~
Deos Fortioribus Adesse! ~ The gods are on the side of the stronger
Zorbee

Paladin Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby zantocon » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:36 am

I have seen an enchanter, mage, cleric combo rip up crystallos. That seems like fun. Another really fun box combo that I've enjoyed was necro, druid, shaman, all the dots seem to stack for the most part, and they have plenty of healing/utility. The mage setup is good for dungeons, with the chanter being able to mem blur mobs, throw back, mez. Mage pet can tank, cleric can heal etc. years ago I watched Mad and Astrex solo zones like Qvic and Vxed (when they were high end) with a cleric, wiz, chanter combo.

zantocon

Server: The Rathe

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby zdrastvicha » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:53 pm

i personally box a necro, shaman, pally and absoulutely love it. have slows plenting of healing between pally and shaman and plenty of dps with necro plus extra panther target. and necro can split mobs when needed no problem or just flop on a wipe and rez without running all back to camp.
zdrastvicha

Necromancer Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby kargren » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:00 am

Well I have started pling my mage and bard if for no other reason then I want the mage for COH even if I just leave her in her 50's. And the bard because of the lvl 1 ae ability makes it really easy to pl with damage shields. For right now I am thinking about SK mage bard. Just because the sk has some decent gear and can tank plane of fire without needing heals. Then add in the mage and bards DS and I should be over 200pts damage shields.

But the other caster group ideas could be interesting as well. I have a 67 necro on my sk's account and a 63 druid on my bards account. So i could runa necro mage druid. That could be a fun dire charm group. drop the necro down a few levels to 63 get the mage to about that and go dire charming.

How do you think a necro mage ranger would do? get the ranger headshot and keep the group at 62? The ranger already has a 17delay bow so his headshot should go off fairly fast.
kargren

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby zantocon » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:06 am

Why on earth would you drop the necro down a few levels?
zantocon

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby kargren » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:32 am

Just so that they are all getting the best xp they can. if I am going some place I can use headshot with the ranger then they are going to be lower level mobs. And a 62 necro will get more xp then a 67 necro.
kargren

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Kriyn Nutzforcatnip » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:04 am

Yeah he would, but think of all the xp you lost doing that though. The others will catch up to you in time.
I'm ok, how are you?

Rodcet Nife (Quellious)
Kriyn Nutzforcatnip

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby zdrastvicha » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:45 pm

yea but the higher level necro will aloow you to kill things faster so will all balance out in the end
zdrastvicha

Necromancer Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby kargren » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:09 am

This is true that he would help kill things faster but I took but necro shammy and druid out for a spin last night charm killing in veksar and the AA xp wasnt nearly as for the necro as it was for the druid. And 62-67 took my necro all of 2 days to get charm killing.
kargren

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby zantocon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:27 am

I would suggest instead of killing in a zone where exp is meager for the necro, find a place where the necro gets good exp, then it will be better for him AND the others. Put the necro on AA exp and then the others on full level. Then catch them up to him. The necro will start killing faster from the AA and the others will catch up to him. Much better than deleveling and releveling.

I want to say the drakes near dranadune in Sunderock (current hotzone) don't summon and are yellow at that level? Also you can kite nymphs and such in dragonscale hills. Veksar exp isn't that great at all. Hotzones are what you really want to do if you can to really maximize your time.
zantocon

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby jabontik » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:25 pm

One of the most fun 3 box I have done was

Ranger, Mage, Shaman

Can ranger tank on lesser content, magepet tank on harder, ranger bow, ranger good puller outdoors, ranger ensnare+mage CoH for indoors pulls, but mostly just fun with those three classes

another fun one was

Chanter Mage Druid

Very versitile, using charm on either chanter or druid, or mage pet in no charm zones. Lots of synergies if you think about it, debuffs all stacking, manna regens all stacking, malo+tash helping charm etc...evac,heals, strong CC, strong DPS.

oh hey btw, avoid the drakes in sunderock called 'a serene mist drake' - the non aggro ones up on the plateau - they currently do not give exp when you kill them =p
jabontik

Enchanter Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby kargren » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:13 am

Thank you very much thats the kinda stuff I was looking for. I want a fun group but that synergy is a key piece. For instance the SK + Shammy combo is awesome. SK lifetaps/selfbuff taps for tank added with shammy buff slow/heal and the fact the both get pet affinity. Thats what I am looking for another combo or 3 some that work really well together.
kargren

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby kargren » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:21 am

Here is an Idea that could be interesting. What about a necro shammy beastlord group? and just do it as a fear kite group? All three would get pet affinity so shammy buffs would help a ton. Necro can fear kite them so you never have to tank them. and pets would just run behind them trashing on em. The beast lord could be changed for say a mage or a ranger but with the ranger you would loose the pet and would have to use bow. A druid as the third might be ok but not ideal.
kargren

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Kriyn Nutzforcatnip » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:37 pm

If you were just kiting then I'd switch the bst lord for a mage.
Kriyn Nutzforcatnip

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby zdrastvicha » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:37 pm

once u start getting up to around 65 or 70ish fear kiting becomes more a pain then it is worth past 75 i dont think i ever even tried to fear anything. found agro kiting much much more productive
zdrastvicha

Necromancer Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing