[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - 3 Box

3 Box

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

3 Box

Postby stewie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:27 pm

Howdy
I have been gone for a year or so and play a 65 war / 65 shammy
The war is 7500hp unbuffed and has 310aa all defense aa
the shammy is 6k unbuffed mana
I do play on the test server

Now i want to add a 3box not sure what to pick.
Also need to farm some upgrades for my war and shammy not sure where to hunt atm with these news expansions

WArrior magelo:
stewie

Warrior Main

Re: 3 Box

Postby Macnair » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:43 pm

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Cromagnon » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:13 pm

Macnair summed it up pretty well, and I'd tend to agree on most points, and the 3 that I'd suggest would be:

1) Mage: Gives you great Damage shield, Call of the Hero (for pulling, ease of movement boxing multiple toons), another target for panther procs(mage pet), summoned items (clicky gate item will save you from having to buy gate pots for warrior), Offtank, nukes, and all around dps is great (pet for sustainable dps, nukes for burst).

2) Druid: Gives you damage shield, extra healing power, tracking, damage in many forms (dots, DDs, aoes, short duration DS), snare, pacify for single pulling outdoors, decent buffs that stack with shammy for most part, ports & evac (huge for boxing, enables you to try harder things and especially the AA Exodus is a get out of jail free card), Flight of Eagles, and the ability to have him perform whatever is needed the most at the camp you are currently doing. Will add the most versatility to your group IMO. Can always switch druid to heal duty and put shammy on debuffs/dps/buffs duty as well.

3) Wizard: Small damage shield (enables your worn gear damage shield to kick in, minor but it does help), huge burst dps, evac & ports (see druid), and is a toon that you won't have to babysit alot as a boxer (nuke or macro key series of nukes, then let him med while working other two toons), ability to use single target evac translocate(can be very useful for bad pulls), snare, root.

Those seem to me like the best 3 options for your setup, there are other toons that would be viable (such as necro/ranger/etc) but in my own opinion, you'd be best off adding one of the 3 listed above as they will bring a good amount of utility to your little group.

G'luck
Crom
By Account:
Notfit 82 Gnome Enchanter
Cromagnon 82 Ogre Warrior
Mahlon 71 Dark Elf Wizard
----------------------------------
Dartil 90 Capri Wearing Druid
Cromkins 71 Ogre Beastlord
Locusta 66 Drakkin Rogue
Cromagnon

Druid Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Cantiz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:43 pm

I personally use a (70)ranger with my (71)Shaman and (66)Paladin. Snare, track, spirit of the Eagle (SoE) are great for soloing but the aspect I love most is endless quiver. Once I got EQ on him I just assist and /autofire, he just stands in the back and shoots till the fight is over.
Cantiz

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Valdemar » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:05 pm

I agree fully with MacNair and Cromagnon. They've laid out the options and the reasons for them quite well. But, I would like to add another class to consider for you.

Enchanter
The reasons are fairly obvious, but I'll spell them out for clarity's sake. The main weakness of the WAR/SHM combo is pulling and CC, and to a lesser extent a lack of utility. The ENC will give you true CC, additional utility and significantly reduce the mana drain for the SHM. You could, in certain areas, use the ENC to pull. The WAR could pull aggro quite quickly to make it a fairly safe practice. Now, I grant you that the ENC is not going to do much for you DPS, but I think they bring enough group support to make the ENC worthy of consideration. They are easy to bot also - just press the first macro to debuff and add any procs to the warrior that you like, and then press the second macro for chain nuking (you can chain nuke without much fear of pulling aggro). With a fairly low AA investment, they can have a fully commandable pet for another panther target.

I hope this is helpful.
Valdemar
Valdemar

Server: Saryrn

Postby Kriyn Nutzforcatnip » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:38 pm

I use a Shaman, Warrior, and Rogue three box. If needed I can use the rogue to pull if it requires a little bit of trickery, but for the most part the warrior does fine. If I get any adds I VP one, and tank the other. Once you get the warrior enough innate agro aa's you can keep agro from the other char's real easy. As long as I switch back to the warrior to retaunt every so often I usually don't have a problem focusing on the rogue's dps.

With this setup I can take on named mobs with little problem, and have the dps in order to kill fast enough. What the warrior doesn't add is help in the heals department, so if I take on mobs with spikey dps it can be tricky sometimes. Obviously with mercs this isn't an issue. Also by using a rogue I can escape if things get out of control, and then use the cleric merc to rez the group. It's rare for me to die because I run out of mana on the war. If anything it's because the mob I'm fighting is out of my league from a 3 boxing perspective.
I'm ok, how are you?

Rodcet Nife (Quellious)
Kriyn Nutzforcatnip

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Khauruk » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:36 pm

Rogue, Monk, or Bard for pulling/dps. Different ratios of ability there for each (rogue sometimes puller w/ Fadelure, gread dps; Monk alright/alright; Bard great puller, not great dps). Add cleric mercs as necessary based upon difficulty of encounter. All three will allow you to recover from wipes readily w/ Escape/FD/Fade.
Khauruk

Server: Luclin

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing