[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - big merc problem

big merc problem

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

big merc problem

Postby Douglasone » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:24 am

Are they planning to fix the mercs? I ranted about this in another area but decided to give it its own spot. I see a lot of big strapping tank mercs, out in front of the PC bravely whacking away and protecting their employers frail little bodies. What the hell are cleric mercs doing out there? I have a clr merc- and 80-90% of the time when root-rotting, my pissant brilliant cleric will go stand right beside the rooted mob and die and usually that when root usually breaks for 5th or 6th times and he and his buddies kill me too. Now if I am outside where I have a lot of room I can obviously back up and hope the low rent idiot will follow me out of the mobs range. But when trying to fight in a smaller area, inside, or just an area where its dangerous to back up too far then the low rent moron celric mercs stay out in front of you and watch you, then they try to heal themselves or you have to start burning mana to heal them or watch them die. Of course you could suspend them in a hurry but whats the reason for having the merc ? If my merc is gonna be stupid enough to stand out in front of the battle line or beside the big rooted mob then i want a refund, instead of me paying her every 15 minutes, how about everytime they die because they stand out in front beside the mob instead of behind you healing WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE- then we get a refund of 10 15 minute payments. Comon , you guys are supposed to be the geniuses that designed these guys, now fix them so they are more help than hinderance. In a grp its not so bad but when solo, we need that extra healing, if I am gonna have to be healing myself and my merc or reviving the stupid bimbo every 15-20 minutes then I will go back to the old way and do it alone and sony can put the cleric mercs right beside our so-called abominations of pets, and flush them both, flush twice.

Yes I am back the guy that rants, I see a problem and I bitch about it. I don't talk behind peoples backs, I get it out in the open. I thought and still think the idea of mercs is a great one, it allows ppl that get ignored all the time a chance to play too but that little bug in the cleric mercs is really making them more and more unpopular.
Douglasone

Server: Fennin Ro

Re: big merc problem

Postby Khauruk » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:03 am

Khauruk

Server: Luclin

Postby GheffGutterbrains » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:45 pm

I know what he's talking about ( I use JC5) but instead of sharing my XP, I suspend my merc until;

- I need buffs
- I need backup when pulling 2+ mobs
- I need a rez

Depending on the type of pull or location, I switch between Balanced and Passive.

Back to the behavior he's trying to point out. On numberous occasions I will find my Merc in an odd positions. I'm pretty sure this has more to do with pathing and my relationship to walls than to do with where the mob has been rooted. Just so happens, the cleric merc could end up next to the mob. Problem is mob hurts cleric, cleric starts to heal, mob DPS > cleric healing, and unless I do something (ie suspend), cleric merc dies.

I also noticed is that I get MUCH better control out of cleric merc with at least 1 other player in group.

My gripe would be paying 10k for a merc, playing over a few days times, forgetting to refill my PP buffer, and watching the 10k merc leave. I would rather this had been a "contract" such that when I get back to PoK, I could pay a "penatly" and get my merc back. Instead, it's an a$$ rape of 10k yet again.. but if the only thing I have to gripe about is my stupidity, I'll get over it!

What my can do for you!
GheffGutterbrains

Server: Luclin (Veeshan)

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:29 am

Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main