[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Now that we have mercs.....

Now that we have mercs.....

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Now that we have mercs.....

Postby Yesak » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:26 pm

I know exp per kill is best solo, but is it better to have merc around and kill faster/easier ----> better xp?

I am asking this because I can solo in DSK for good exp, but it is rather challenging without a merc. With a merc cleric healing me, it is cake but less exp per kill.

So what do you think is best? Soloing without merc but having that added risk of getting killed and having to med every now and then or pop cleric merc and keep going with little risk and no real med breaks (cleric merc works so freaking well)?
"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Re: Now that we have mercs.....

Postby Kruzar » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:17 pm

For me... having the mercs has really given me the pure capability of soloing on my rogue. I like boxing along my shammy, but there are times when I just want to go out do something really quick without the hassle of loading up both accounts, getting things ready to go, and all that. With a merc... I can just go out and kill some of the same content that I was with my duo. The merc heals really well and it is something that I don't have to worry about. The other thing that I love... with my merc I am not really worried about the other toon at all. If a pull goes bad, or if something happens I can not recover by burning.. blow escape.. and who cares... just revive the merc a little bit later....

When I go out with my shammy.. I have a tank merc... that can be utilized as a nice little extra pet for in the face stuff... just heal him up and good to go. If I am root rotting.... I just keep him in my back pocket and don't worry about it.. but for those mobs that root doesn't work or that summon.. it is sure good to have the option available.

When I group up... I have almost the perfect group. Tankage from the merc, Support from the Shammy, Healing from the Cleric Merc, and DPS/2nd Tank from my Rogue.
Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing