[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Best Trophy Soloist

Best Trophy Soloist

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Best Trophy Soloist

Postby ShamPartner » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:39 pm

Whelp, I'm sukced back into eq again. (seems to happen atleast once a year. So more, I'm back from a break I suppose)..

Looking to start a new character to really get into the soloing game for, and have a question;

What is the best trophy solo class?

Also, specifically (if not the best) what are the capabilities of a shaman, and of a bard now a days (trophy solo wise)?

Just curious.

(yes, I duo with a shaman commonly on my bard)
ShamPartner

Bard Main

Re: Best Trophy Soloist

Postby Sowslow » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:06 pm

I would say cleric can solo the hardest overall mobs regardless of needing slows, summoning, non-snare, non-mez, type big names. Next I would imagine to be the shadowknight. From there it gets class specific on the named, but shaman would rank pretty high depending on the named dps.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:46 am

I'd expect that Clerics need some pretty pimpin' gear to be good trophy soloists, or they run themselves out of mana.

What gear level are you expecting to be obtaining?
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Yesak » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:51 pm

Shaman are pretty good solo artists in general. Not the best if you're going after kills just to say you can do it. A high end cleric will kick our asses any day. However we're not bad. I wandered into Sol Ro Tower last night because I was bored. Solo'd Sol Ro himself without cleric buffs or mercs pretty easy. Took forever because my DPS still isnt great but was cake and I have really shitty gear to be honest. Thinking about going after Fennin with buffs here soon if I can find him up :P

And I'm betting lots of you have done MUCH MUCH higher mobs. 8)
"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby ShamPartner » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:34 pm

I expect to be able to acheive top end group gear.

The shaman having swarm pets adds a lot of fun factor over cleric--though I blew a few hundred K twinking one of each..figure I'll level 'em both (not hard now a days with merc tanks dpsing just fine til 70+, as long as you can heal) and decide which I enjoy the play style of the best.

Shadow Knight, I've tried countless times, but honestly, feels kind of weak. I figure both the cleric and shaman can probably use tank merc for exp at high end for dps, since both classes seem to get in the mob face, and whittle it down while outlasting, as opposed to relying on the style of my beastlord/bard with the cleric merc..

Though, I have thought about aggro kiting with the tank merc as main assist as opposed to main tank, keeping him passive til the mob is 85%, while using the bard..since my bard is only 67 and I can't high-risk swarm kite yet. =P

Also, both shaman/cleric can solo acceptably fast without mercs, which saves on the wallet some, at high levels.
ShamPartner

Bard Main

Postby Genghes » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:58 pm

Hands down I have to say Pally for best solo class and for best solo trophy kill. If your going after an undead names you have a very big advantage. I have tried ture solo before and got to 30%, I'm going to go after it with heal potions this next time and i'm sure ill win.
Genghes

Paladin Main

Postby fendaann » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:42 pm

Far as I always hear Necros are the best solo but not sure how they are at killing Named.
Can FD keep you from being summoned with dots on?

You should check out all the class sites they might have theads about SoLo named kills but i bet that would be mostly Raid gear Solo kills posted.
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby chordling » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:50 pm

I'm guessing when you say solo you're meaning not including a healer merc? Because Molo (lol) is very different, the amount of dps you can do and whether you can slow or not become far more important than whether you can heal, putting beastlords way up there near the top in that deparment.
chordling

Bard Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing