[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Bizarre conversations - can you beat this one?

Bizarre conversations - can you beat this one?

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Bizarre conversations - can you beat this one?

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:43 pm

Well, this was just too odd for words, and left me completely blank as to where this person was coming from. Might have just been drunk, or stupid, or maybe both.

So there I was in Dranik City goofing at a named camp up by the Dranik ‘gazebo’ that Hawklord had shown me, when I see one of the trash mobs being pulled by a member of a very large guild on my server. (names will be avoided to protect the guilty). I’d been playing for quite a while that day, and was probably a bit silly as I sometimes get when I have been boxing too long. So I head over to find out why they are pulling from an obvious ‘camped’ area (and don’t even start on me with that ‘there are no camps’ stuff) and they say they are after the shield. Well, I was after the armor drops and really didn’t care about the priest shield (I had /ooced a couple as rot already), but because I was in a silly mood I said ‘I am camping the shield!!’. Well, he got all huffy and just carried on pulling. There aren’t a lot of pulls in the named spot, and I was running a bunch of trash from the valley below occasionally up to the Draniks, mostly because it amused me to watch them fight it out - I had money on the draniks!, and partially in hopes of spawning the roaming named… Tvenz? Something like that.
So, I pretty much carried on, accepting the fact that I would be unlikely to out dps a raiding guild group with my little box crew should a named pop, but I really wasn’t that concerned about it. About this point things got weird. Buddy starts OOCing how much he loves my guild, and how wonderful they are. I was like. Uh. Ok. We are an old guild, that doesn’t raid any more, and pretty much just stay together to chat and stuff. Then he /ooc Are you trying to train me? - I had run a bunch of trash up to the drakkins but was careful that no one was caught in the path, so I replied in /ooc If I was trying to train you, you’d already be in CR. He replies in /ooc True. I’m pretty much at this point expecting to be trained or some other fun and games, but again really wasn’t that concerned. It was like, ok. Worst case it’s guild lobby corpse summon and res. Let’s see where this goes for a laugh. I /ooc Don’t you have a raid to go to somewhere? – and then things got really weird your honor…

Out of nowhere some unguilded character sends me a tell ‘Are you a Asian plat farmer? Becuse I hate you Asians.’ I was dumbfounded and literally LOLed. I replied back ‘Now THAT is comedy! Keep in mind, to the best of my knowledge everything in this area is no drop, so not a lot of way for me to plat farm here....Then I get these weird tells from this unguilded character. “you boxer armies are ruining this dying game’. ‘Why do you keep a old guild alive that doesn’t even raid any more? You’re ruining the game’. ‘I tried you're guilld years ago and you boxers ruined it’ And on and on like that. Now normally I’d just either spam some hateful language at the guy and then put on ignore, or just put on ignore, but this level of stupidity surprised me, so I asked him why he felt obliged to insult me, Asians, boxers and my guild, and where he had learned to spell. He was surprised that I felt insulted… then wouldn’t reply to my questions of how he felt boxers, and guilds that didn’t raid any more were ruining this dying game. (that part I actually had an interest in, as I would like nothing more than seeing the game get resurrected.) Finally I just gave up as there were no replies…
So I head back to pulling and the group that was ksing my trash were… gone. Ok. Guess they got called to a raid after all! . About half an hour later a named pops, drops the shield so I send a tell to the original guy from the raiding guild that he is welcome to have it, and that I was just messing around earlier, and never needed the shield. He says ‘give it to ur cleric’. Uh. I run a merc cleric so this is also just stupid conversation. I basically reply ‘k, I don’t have one, so will just /ooc it. Peace’

Is it me, or was that just damned odd. Oddly enough I was sober, or this would have made a lot more sense! hehe
That may have been the weirdest discussion/situation I have come across in EQ. I’ve been in conflicts, and good Samaritan situations where someone helped me randomly, with no expectations. But this situation was just…. Weird.

What is the weirdest thing that has happened to you in EQ?
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: Bizarre conversations - can you beat this one?

Postby HawklordXegony » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:31 pm

HawklordXegony

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Khauruk » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:59 am

Your merc was azn, I'll bet. They're sweatshop hires, not real AI!
Khauruk

Server: Luclin

Postby Kakimor » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:48 am

Kakimor

Berserker Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Whitman » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:56 am

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
~Voltaire
Whitman

Ranger Main

Postby Ughbash » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:48 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing