[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Dou xp

Dou xp

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Dou xp

Postby Yesak » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:11 pm

Was wondering where would be the best place to get some xp as a dou. I play a shaman and she plays a cleric. We both have warrior mercs. Neither of us are what we would call uber. She's only 81 with 200AAs or so. Really needs to catch up on levels and AA.

Would Vald be best? somewhere else? Should we even bother with mercs? I'm assuming that some of you have had this combo before but I'm rather new to it. Any advice would be useful :twisted:
"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Re: Dou xp

Postby Kumudil » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:09 am

Valdeholm should be ok, Gyrospire Beza may be possible if you are looking for an XP-Spot. If doing the instances, the Zone-rares are 2 nice augs, a root-clicky and a snare-clicky.
Maybe it will be possible to hit ashengate and get 6 non-lore Augs for any of you: from the Galvanized Guaridans. You will need to fight your way to the spot, so this camp would be nice for longer sessions.

Don't know the warr-mercs, but maybe you would be able to go to Oceangreen and start with all the Tasks aviable there. While growing up, the Archaic-Armor may drop which will provide nice upgrades or you may can get some named for nice invisible-slot updates. By the way you are doing the progression you will need later on to get the upper tier armor.

There are serveral collection-Tasks, those might be the right ones to start with. has a very nice writeup of SOD.
As you will be busy on the tasks, it wont feel like a grind and XP will come by. There are 2 "path" to focus on at Oceangreen: one is a set off 22 Tasks to get a very good Augment. The other one you will find on Raspers also is the subset needed to progress. (Getting acess to voidb).

I hate grinding and always try to get something useful to do on the way up.

In order of difficoulty its maybe: Valdeholm, Ashengate, Beza, Oceangreen.
So try ashengate to get to the campspot, if you can't reach it, stay a little in valdeholm. Once you can get to the Galvanized guardian and camped the 12 augs for both of ypu, you should be good for beza.
The 2 Augs form beza are rare, the clickies are ultra-rare. Beza for XP is relative easy pulling. If you don't feel like adventuring the inside of the tower, once all outdoor is down drop the instance and get a new one. All rares can drop from outside trash-mob. I personally have seen the 2 augs and 1 snare on outside-trash. (Mechmatic guardian would also be a place to get further zone-augs, but not as easy to pull).
Ones done with those, you should be good to start Oceangreen-progression/augment-tasks.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Yesak » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:55 am

Thanks, this is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Mainly because I know we both need augs (me particularly) so the AG augs will be a nice addition. I forgot to mention that myself (shaman) is 84 with 1200+ AAs. I don't have great gear but I'm flagged for void D (beat OGH, FOS and Kith so far) and have the warrior merc for that. Girlfriend has decent gear as well but doesnt have the levels or AAs yet. Will probably try out AG tonight and maybe mess around in Beza. Thanks! :twisted:
Yesak

Shaman Main

Postby Kumudil » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:41 am

Some better than I thougt. With the VoidD-Merc and yourselfe lvl 84 and 1200AAs I would try Ashengate, Beza to get the augs and some lvl + AAs.
Than toggle between Progression starting in Oceangreen and camp-sessions in FOS to get the Essences for T3 armor. Those essences need a lot of pacience or luck to come by.
My usual group is arrived at voidE progression, but still needs 3 BPs to complete T3 armor. We startet camping T3-essences right at the first week about 2 evenings a week and parallel 1-2 days a week we worked on progression. I didn't register precise, but would guess we got 1 essence every 3 ours of camping + serveral updates for the non-visible slots. Each essence can drop from different nameds, so checking the nameds to pick those which dop Items for priests would max the benefits.
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:55 pm

I did kurns almost exclusively for T3 armor. With the Iksar mask it's a walk in the park. Basicaly start on the lower floors and work your way up. I made a Kurns guide of sorts for family guild, will post it here if any interest. It's pretty much from my perspective and it might be best if you just follow your own path. :)

For the chest essence, set up in the room on the top floor with the harried Lieutenant in it. (ph for Lt somethingorother that drops the chest essence). IN FOS iksar mask you can drop him where he stands without aggroing the door guards. I usually VPed him in to the corner for a margin of safety. The harried researcher is also ph for named chest dropper. Clear to him, rinse and repeat till you get named. The lt, is straight up DPS, no suprises that I recall. The researcher is a little tougher, as he will drop an annoying pet every time something dies... Guess what happens when you send in swarm pets.... hehe.
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Yesak » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:14 pm

I would love to see the Kurns guide. I've done a little work in FoS but with no tracker it is a pain in the ass to get named. Was just too much trouble too often without a ranger or druid around to bring named in. If anyone has some tips on that, I'd love to see it. Both me and my girlfriend could use t3 armor, not huge upgrades but the focii will really help (we are both in mostly TSS raid gear and a mix of crystallos) 8)
Yesak

Shaman Main

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:04 pm

I'll copy and paste it over tonight Yesak. I can't access the web page that I posted it from work, so will do it tonight.

In thinking on this though, there will be one significant difficulty for you that comes to mind and that is no puller. Kurns was the reason I brought my monk out of hibernation. hehe.

Just mentally going through it, I would suggest the following *(then review the goobledegook guide that I will post later. Lots of opportunity to improve and add to it will be available!)

First floor: I never liked it, and I wouldn't attempt it without a puller. I think you are likely to be facing 3-4 pulls, if not more. The named also does some nasty AE stun or silence (can't recall which) that played havoc with my box group. You could hide your healers behidn a little wall there though.

Second floor: There are 7 ph on the second floor, one of which you can get single without a splitter. The other 6 should be able to get as a pair. You and your gf will need to determine if you can handle 2. I think you will be able to, will be tough and fun though if one is a named. :)

3rd floor: I never did third floor. 1-3 have the same armor drops so I skipped 3. You can pull one ph though from the back of the second floor. He will come single. Might add that to your 2nd floor camping.

4th floor. The break is a minimum 3, more likely 4 pull, possibly 5.... This will be tough if not impossible to break without a splitter.. If you manage to however, I'd really like to hear how you did it.

5th floor: There is a minimum 2-3 pull in the break that will be brutal. The respawn time will become an issue because it's a fair clear. 2 roamers, 4 'center walkers' and FINALLY the 4 golem ph's that are in the corners. Note though that you CAN KILL THE GOLEMS IN PLACE, without agroing the center. its tough but doable. The 2 roamers will be your only issue then.

6th floor: Only did it once or twice as same armor drops on 7 and the 6 floor other loot drops weren't of interest to me.

7th floor: The break will be tough. The PH are the 4 fools standing in the the center talking to each other. If you pull one of the side guards, (there are 2, total of 6 mobs in the area, countng the 4 ph) you might only get 2 of the center guys.. More likely you will get all 4, and possibly the 6th across the way... Again, let me know if you are successful

8th: As I stated above, you will be able to get the LT easy in his little room as I described. But the first pull after that is likely to be 3-5, maybe 6. The two door guards, 2 statics at the table, 2 roamers past the door guards, and the Ph for named which roams the center.

So, after I post it, if it is just the two of you, you might only be able to do a partial of kurns. If you pick up a puller though, you should be able to do the whole place as you upgrade your gear on the way up...

I had the same problem with FOS as you described. I have a tracker, but by the time that I got to the named, someone else would have pulled them. I liked the more 'gauranteed' named of a camp. Typically folks would respect a floor as a camp, so it was ok for me.

When I started this, my 3 guys were in a mix of complete crap gear to a few chrystallos with the majority of their gear being uncored SOF visible and lguk stuff. So your mileage may vary a lot from mine. I think you have better gear than I started with by a good margin. Once you start getting the SOD armor upgrades it will be even better.

Peace
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing