[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Making the most out of my Shammy

Making the most out of my Shammy

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Making the most out of my Shammy

Postby Mendler » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:45 pm

I'm a boxer for starters and I play my toons are as follows:

War main - raid geared
Cleric (Necro on cleric account) - group and raid geared (Necro is really outdated)
Shammy - group geared (TBS mostly but some SoD group rots) 1100 aa's about to ding 85

When I box I prefer to have war/shammy/necro for 90% of what I do, which isn't all that much since my play time is limited to primarily and almost exclussively raiding.

I absolutely do NOT utilize my shammy well at ALL. I want to change that. My war doesn't require a lot of healing for what I do so I need to make my shammy more useful to my dps and this is why I came here for assistance.

I currently just slow, HoT, Lassitude (yes its outdated), Champion, Cougar and mix in Sting dd (yes outdated) on my shammy. I also click epic 2.0 when ever its ready. THAT IS IT!! My dps comes primarily from my craptastic necro and war. I don't use pet, swarm pets or any other aa's at this point. Don't ask me why because I really don't have a good answer for you. I get online and jump into my thing (atm progression for my trio or just war in FoS for now). I really don't spend anytime researching in game on what works best so I just do what I've been doing, which really isn't effective.

Is there some easy fixes or "holy crap I can't believe you dont use X" ideas out there that would benefit me?

Pets! I don't use pets because they drive me nuts when on my war since they tend to push (war does also) mobs out of range and then kill the pets. I know this isn't exactly smart but I'm just being honest here. I know they add a couple hundred dps if I'm lucky I think (still using SoF pet when I use but haven't in a year).

Spell lineup is:

Champ
Sting
Cougar
Slow (in case I have a lot of mobs that need slowed quickly)
HoT
Heal
Lassitude
Haste
Inv
Cani

I know its not ideal but its what I am accustomed to. Any idea's are appreciated!
Cleric, warrior, shammy, necro of Emarr
Mendler

Server: Emarr

Re: Making the most out of my Shammy

Postby Veril » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:37 pm

Use spell sets. No1 is what you have listed. No2 replaces haste and invis with your two best DoT's and all other spots blank.
/memsp No1 or /memsp No2 to switch spells from moving/buffing to combat ones.

Champ and Lassitude can sit on the same spell spot with spell sets (all other spell spots blank) with /memsp cham or /memsp lass you can swap between them real easy. Make lassitude the default in memory one. When it wears out on warrior refresh it, swap champ in, one min later cast champ and then swap back to lass. (or if you forget to swap back when lass wears off refresh champ and swap lass and then refresh that)

make a hotkey to do a nuke followed by those 2 DoTs
/assist warriorname
/pause 2
/cast nuke, pause 30
/cast dot, pause 60
/cast dot, pause 60

Good hotkeys makes multiboxing a lot easier. Make good hotkeys and use them. (/assist warriorname and /target warriorname should be 1st line mostly)

Get updated spells, they really do make a difference. Lynx (updated cougar line), is a group spell is massive when you add in 2 pets, especially when one of them is a necro pet, which are much better than shaman pets.

Pets: Pet management is important, the single most important thing is to put the pets on guard in a position at your camp so that when they do attack they are attacking the back of the mob. I know you say you find them a pain, but really get the positioning sorted and you are good with them.

Grand Summary: Good Hotkeys and Spell Sets make multiboxing easier.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:31 am

The only big increase you can get is to get the pets back in the game.
From a hotbutton boxed shaman to a full controlled shaman in standard-situations there isn't a huge difference.
To get your pets back to play: get "compagnions relocation"-AA for nec and shaman.

I presume, when you are boxing you pull the mobs with warr to shaman and nec and turn round tanking the mobs.
Sending in the pets now from camp will get the pets push same direction than warrior.
Your first hotkey on shaman presume will be something like:
/assist warrior
/pause xx, /alt activate malis
/Pause xx, /alt activate slow
/cast panther

make a second one
/pause 20, /pet attack (gets the pet 2 seconds to arrive at the mob)
/alt activate "compagnons relocation"

the pet will jump to the back of the mob and attack from there, doing more damage and pushing against the warrior
Make an identic hotbutton for the nec. Voila 2 panthered pets pushing the mob against the warrior.

Take the third hotbutton from above with the dots and nuke, and you are pretty set.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:26 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Mendler » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:26 pm

Thank you very much for the ideas. I really needed to improve my gaming experience since I'm just getting burnt out with my setup.

Any other idea's are more than welcome.
Mendler

Server: Emarr

Postby fendaann » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:22 pm

your spell slot for
Haste

your haste should be a long term buff like Unity.

might replace it with a DoT to use with that Hot key

And get the AA-Invis to add a DoT to that slot also.
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing