[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Coming back and looking for advise

Coming back and looking for advise

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Coming back and looking for advise

Postby Synith » Sat May 01, 2010 6:27 am

Hey Everyone,

I'm another one of these numpties that gave up playing this game for whatever reason and realised there isn't any better games out there. I'm looking for advise on what to play again. Not 100% sure what I'm wanting to play, all the classes are fun in their own way. I have a few characters in their 60's nothing too high, (left a looong time ago) and wanting to start fresh (for a bit of nostalgia and just fun). Since I'm returning to the game on my own, I am also looking for a guild/server to join as well. If any guilds are looking for specific classes they need, give me a shout and I will come back on. :)

Kind regards to everyone who replies to this post,

Synith
Synith

Shadowknight Main

Re: Coming back and looking for advise

Postby Cakeny » Sat May 01, 2010 7:09 am

FV is a lot of fun. I'm in Pravus Mentis.
Cakeny

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sat May 01, 2010 3:08 pm

I suggest a blue server, not FV or Mayong or Zek
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Huurgh » Sat May 01, 2010 5:22 pm

if youre europe, AB obviously. Though I heard they have an incursion of U.S. players these days... :roll:

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Valdemar » Sat May 29, 2010 4:30 am

Well, if you want to solo, and you want a class that is challenging, and you want a class that will be attractive to guilds, I'd play a Bard. The class has it's weaknesses for sure - primarily poor DPS and highly gear dependent - but of all the melee/hybrid classes, Bards are the most versatile and the class offers many strengths. You'll be able to explore and fight in a LOT more content than most other classes could soloing. I would recommend that you obtain a warrior merc for lower levels and then obtain a cleric merc later. My best advice is that you do two accounts and box a Bard/Shm duo. You get all the essentials with these two classes (pulling, tanking, healing, snare, damage mitigation, damage enhancement, root/rot enabled, kiting enabled.) The weakness is low DPS and you'll have gear issues later on. Defiant armors will take you a long way though. You can add a warrior merc and a cleric merc to this duo and want for nothing.

Regards, Valdemar.
Valdemar

Server: Saryrn

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing