House of Thule Soloing

Help and information specific to the above aspects of play at all levels.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

House of Thule Soloing

Postby Torey » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Any word on this yet?
Torey

Shaman Main

Re: House of Thule Soloing

Postby dohrian » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:09 pm

root / doted many mobs in Feerrot, never got any resist or summon
root / doted a few in Grounds, but rotdog was immune to root
Dohrian, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:20 am

Tried root rot / VP rot several times in Ferrott and in HoT yard. Never had issues with resists, but I had root and especially VP not last for greater than 20 sec or so. Talking with other shaman in the guild, they were not experiencing this issue. VP worked normally in a group setting. Not sure what was going on. I did start with pulling with putrid decay when I was testing VP, so that shouldn't have been an issue. Have not gone back to older zones to test my problem out.
Kanamori Hitatomi <Sol Invictus>
92 Barbarian Shammyknight!
Bristlebane-Tribunal Server - I play on Tribunal damnit!

SHAMMYKNIGHT !!! Okay, perhaps I'm now less of a speedbump than fluffy was when we first got him...
Equipment & Loot Forum Mod - Most work is on our Wiki
Kanamori Hitatomi
Shammynight

Server: Tribunal

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:03 am

Kanamori Hitatomi wrote:Tried root rot / VP rot several times in Ferrott and in HoT yard. Never had issues with resists, but I had root and especially VP not last for greater than 20 sec or so. Talking with other shaman in the guild, they were not experiencing this issue. VP worked normally in a group setting. Not sure what was going on. I did start with pulling with putrid decay when I was testing VP, so that shouldn't have been an issue. Have not gone back to older zones to test my problem out.

I know you are not a newb so forigive me for stating the obvious but it sounds like something you are doing is breaking root. Almost like something is putting a DD on the mob. Just to test this pull with Putrid Decay and then VP the mob and do nothing. See if it breaks in 20 seconds or lasts the full duration.

Also might want to list what mob in case it is casting something on you like a lifetap which I THINK is a negative DD on it.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash
Ferocious Vie

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Geal Icehammer » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:46 pm

Your problem with VP is most likely one of the caster procs (either on your weapon or augs). They with proc when you cast a dot and the small dd breaks root.
Geal Icehammer

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Geal Icehammer wrote:Your problem with VP is most likely one of the caster procs (either on your weapon or augs). They with proc when you cast a dot and the small dd breaks root.

Yes I had this problem with one of the UF weap aug...
I also noticed that lifetaping mobs (sk / necro) are breaking root rather easily (fun time in VH to solo the tasks)...
dohrian

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Huurgh » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:29 pm

dohrian wrote:
Geal Icehammer wrote:Your problem with VP is most likely one of the caster procs (either on your weapon or augs). They with proc when you cast a dot and the small dd breaks root.

Yes I had this problem with one of the UF weap aug...
I also noticed that lifetaping mobs (sk / necro) are breaking root rather easily (fun time in VH to solo the tasks)...

A lifetap is a DD...

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh
Not bad for an alt.

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Ughbash wrote:
Kanamori Hitatomi wrote:Tried root rot / VP rot several times in Ferrott and in HoT yard. Never had issues with resists, but I had root and especially VP not last for greater than 20 sec or so. Talking with other shaman in the guild, they were not experiencing this issue. VP worked normally in a group setting. Not sure what was going on. I did start with pulling with putrid decay when I was testing VP, so that shouldn't have been an issue. Have not gone back to older zones to test my problem out.

I know you are not a newb so forigive me for stating the obvious but it sounds like something you are doing is breaking root. Almost like something is putting a DD on the mob. Just to test this pull with Putrid Decay and then VP the mob and do nothing. See if it breaks in 20 seconds or lasts the full duration.

Also might want to list what mob in case it is casting something on you like a lifetap which I THINK is a negative DD on it.

Holy carp I had forgotten about that being on my epic...

I feel kinda newb now! Thanks reminding me!
Kanamori Hitatomi
Shammynight

Server: Tribunal

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:29 am

A few summoning mobs in Alkabor's zone :
- orcs
- goblins
- enraged mammoth

No summoning :
- rats
- beetle

So maybe rule is that animals do not summon, humanoid do ?

To be completed
dohrian

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Huurgh » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:56 pm

dohrian wrote:- enraged mammoth

Mammoth humanoid?
Huurgh
Not bad for an alt.

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:22 am

Huurgh wrote:
dohrian wrote:- enraged mammoth

Mammoth humanoid?

/rant on
What do you know about mammoth, you ugly troll ? Only Barbarians can speak about them and hunt them ;) !
/rant off
Anyway this mammoth (not sure if it is enraged or berseker) is a yellow con mammoth, other are 90, so I assume it is a special one, all barb shamys remember the mammoth sequence in everfrost, that why he summons (my theory).

EDIT: enraged mammoth does not summon, so it was berseker
Last edited by dohrian on Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dohrian

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:18 am

dohrian wrote:Anyway this mammoth (not sure if it is enraged or berseker) is a yellow con mammoth, other are 90, so I assume it is a special one, all barb shamys remember the mammoth sequence in everfrost, that why he summons (my theory).

Probalby most druids do too.
Ughbash
Ferocious Vie

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Return to Soloing / Duoing / Multiboxing